Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

NCAA Football - Alabama Crimson Tide?

When will the Crimson Tide start doing good again?

I play for USC but I have been a lifetime Bama fan.

I'm #26.

Will Harris.

• Daniel
    Favorite Answer

2007!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Seriously, though. We will be better this year than last year. Alabama returns basically the entire offense, including John Parker Wilson and one of the SEC's better WR corps. The defense needs some shaping up, but Saban will make the lack of depth not so apparent.

The coaching staff for this Bama squad is head and shoulders better than Shula's staff. I don't think Alabama will be outcoached as often in the 4th quarter this year.

The schedule is more favorable. Instead of road games at Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU, etc...we get those teams at home. The most difficult road game doesn't come until the end of the season.

Having said all that, I think the Tide will experience some growing pains this year on defense that will cost us a game or two in September. I think Bama will be improved, although not great just yet. I'd say 8-4 is reasonable.

I think a lot of people who are expecting another mediocre Bama team, and more Auburn domination....I think you could be in for a surprise. It's gonna be a fun season.

They get Arkansas,Georgia,Tennessee,and LSU at home.But they get Florida St. in Jacksonville and travel to Auburn.Any of these 6 games are the ones Alabama has a chance to lose.Which leaves them with at least 6 wins.They have a chance to win all 4 but in all probability LSU is sure to beat them.They have a chance to beat FSU also.They will probably lose to Auburn,but it is the biggest rivalry in the Nation so you can't tell.That leaves them at least 6-6.If I had to put money on it I'd say 7-5.The Arkansas game will be the difference in 6-6 and 7-5.But I could see them going anywhere from 6-6 to 12-0.7-5 or 8-4 sounds about right,but you never know.As far as long term ,I don't see them over taking Auburn though anytime soon.It is true Alabama is inching it's way up,but Auburn is already there.

• Tim H

I'm a lifetime Alabama fan.

I was not impressed when Mal Moore fired Mike Shula, one year after he went 10-2, only to follow with 6-7. If Saban does not produce, the next to be fired should be Moore.

But I'm still a Bama fan.

They will do ok this year.

Within three years, expect Alabama to contend for the NCAA Football Play-off......ooops, I meant the BS, oooops, I meant the BCS Championship.

Honestly, it will be 2-3 more years. Saban was overheard saying they didn't have any good linemen on campus or RBs. With next year's schedule, I look for losses to UGA, Tenn., LSU, Auburn...possibly FSU, Ark., and Ole Miss. I just don't think they'll do better than 8-4. Saban will get it going though.

Well to all of you who want to put down our program and talk about we are done for and it will be years before we are back, keep thinking that and enjoy your time of us being down while you can. The Alabama football program will be back because of a couple of reason. Number one is money, we will spend the money it takes to win, money is not an object to us. Second we are not that far away now, last year we lost alot of close games to very good teams without any offensive production despite alot of talent. With very good recievers coming back, a capable quarterback and alot of good running backs. Plus an offensive line returning some very good starters, things look good for the offense. We dont have to score 35 points a game, last year we only scored 28 touchdowns, our redzone offense was terrible and we missed alot of kicks with our kicker being out for some games. Then add in a new offensive cord. and things dont look bad on offense. We have holes to fill on defense but say what you want to say about Saban but he has done a very good job with other defenses in the past that he has coached. Next realize that no other team in the past has had to endure the ncaa penalties that we have been saddled with and despite that we are very close to being good. Ncaa penalties behind us, new coach, renued enthusaiam and the fact that people still want to come to T-town to play, the next two years we will be good and then from there on out I belive we will be a very good team back in our rightful place.

When they start playing NCAA D-II teams. No, with Saban they'll start recruiting some talent in a few years. And be a SEC contender in about 4-5 years. Watch out LSU! GO Horns!

They now have Larry Brown....I mean, Nick Saban as head coach.....7 wins this year isn't out of the question and by the third year they will be SEC champs, just in time for Nick to pack his bags and jump to another coaching job.

when Saban stops getting in trouble for recruiting violations!!!

keep up the good work!! ill be in the stands for all 6 games!!! section 12 above the tunnel!

FIGHT ON TROJANS!!!!!

Source(s): alumni, season ticket holder
  • SW1

They needed Rich Rodriguez. They had to settle for Marion County West Virginia's next best coach......Saban. Too bad for them.

Raiderfan, cool with me!! As soon as LSU stops playing football will Alabama do well, and I don't think the coach there is worth a crap. What was his name again???