Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How much energy will be used at Al Gore's Live Earth Concerts planned to make people aware of global warming?

Not to mention the energy used by all participants and spectators travelling to and from the events?

Isn't this really all about arrogant, self-righteous celebrities who want to once again preach to the rest of us to change our lifestyles while they have no intention of changing theirs?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Not much in actual energy according to BIG Al Gore, see he and his son have been busy inventing once again, you know they claim to have invented, the Internet, global warming and carbon credits, so Mr. Gore and Gore III, devised a devise which transforms methane gas into electrical energy. He then contacted predominate Global warming supporters like Al Sharpton, Al Yankovivh, Jessee Jackson, John Edwards, Ted Kennedy, Rosie O'Donnell, Nancy Pelsoi, Hairy Reid, former first lady Hillary Clinton, and Michale Moore, they all agreed with the concept of the concert and the importance of Global warming as an issue today is, thus they agreed to insert the supply line nipple into their appropriate bodily orifices and produce all the energy needed not only for the show, but for the complete Western World for 2 whole weeks.

• 3 years ago

From what I study infrequently everybody confirmed up. as quickly as I see the information comments on television there are no crowd photographs so this purely confirms what I study. those human beings have their hearts contained in the fabulous place yet their heads are actually not. i don't muddle and that i understand nature. i'm for the to blame use of organic supplies. yet i'm against militant environmentalists. using railroad spikes into wood so someones chainsaw hits them, greenbacks, and heavily injures the person is insane. to boot, do not volcanoes pass away a so-stated as carbon footprint (in spite of the fact that the hell meaning)? what's Al Gore to do with a volcano? this entire element is purely nuts.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The ARCTIC MONKEYS - one of the groups that is not performing says it best...

"It's a bit patronizing for us 21 year olds to try to start to change the world," said Arctic Monkeys drummer Matt Helders, explaining why the group is not on the bill at any of Al Gore's charity concerts.

"Especially when we're using enough power for 10 houses just for (stage) lighting. It'd be a bit hypocritical," he told AFP in an interview before a concert in Paris.

Bass player Nick O'Malley chimes in: "And we're always jetting off on aeroplanes!"

• 1 decade ago

your absolutely right, who on earth believes the politicians

on Global warming,? they lie about almost everything, Al Gore

should go home and preach to the Yanks. Its been raining

here for two weeks and its not very warm.OH yer its anice little earner,!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yeah, so what?

Do you really think it will make a difference?

A Boeing 747 uses as much fuel as my car does in a year just starting up.

An SUV that gets 8mpg is a gas hog to me because I drive an older, smaller car that gets 22mpg.

A 50 story building uses more energy then my house.

So what?

It's all relative and I think you're just jealous of Al because he is so much smarter then you are.

Besides Al has changed his lifestyle and the last time I looked hybrid electric cars were all the rage in Hollywood.

• Ben
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

A lot of energy will be saved when all those concert goers park their cars and stop driving around wasting energy and polluting the environment looking for an intelligent conservative.

• 1 decade ago

Enough to heat Chicago for an entire winter.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Never underestimate a celebrities ability to overestimate their own importance.

• 1 decade ago

You missed the point. He can use any amount of energy he wants. It's the lowly common folks like me and you who must stop using energy and drive a small sorry car.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wait....I thought it was switched to global climate change so that way if the climate goes colder they have all their bets covered.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.