Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

What would happen if the Iraqi Shiites/Kurds won the war on terror in Iraq w/o any US assistance?

Say US troops were to cut & run and the Iraqi Shiites/Kurds who outnumber the Iraqi Sunnis almost 10 to 1 were to wipe out all the Sunni insurgents including Al Qaeda terrorists which would not only mean an end to the Iraq war & the war on terror in Iraq but it would be impossible for the Iraqi Sunnis/Al Qaeda to turn Iraq into a terrorists state.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That is a strong possibility. It would be a good thing for the American people if we have an administration that thinks instead of bomb.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Even the Sunni "insurgents" are killing Al Qaeda , or helping us do it . So Iraq probably wouldn't turn into Afghanistan , as it was under the Taliban . Plus, Iran would have most of the headaches, trying to keep the "mess" in Mess-'o'-ptamia. Seems like a win-win (more like a less bad-less bad) , if we leave.

• 1 decade ago

Let me fill you in on something, one terrorist can take out thousands. If the US pulled out, Iraq would be taken by Al Qaeda overnight.Are you ready for $20/gallon or higher gas prices.If our troops are still having trouble securing Iraq, what in the world makes you think they could ever do it on their own?!! Not to change the subject but do you know how much money the US makes? billions of billions of dollars on this war, from bullets to bombs to the medicine's that heal you.Don't forget the savings to us on gas prices(if Iraq was lost you don't even want to know what gas would cost!).Here's another little secret for you, THE US IS NOT LEAVING THIS WAR!you can take that to the bank, just as all the US politicians and big business's are!!!!

Source(s): My wisdom and military background.
  • 3 years ago

First, the place are you getting your numbers from? there is not any thank you to comprehend what proportion insurgents there are. 2nd, an AK-40 seven won't do any good against a suicide vest or a vehicle bomb that are 2 consumer-friendly techniques for the insurgents to inflict mass casualties. maximum Iraqi residences *do* have a weapon, yet being armed isn't adequate to make the human beings get up against those monsters. An AK-40 seven won't make it easier to while they kidnap and behead your toddlers, then execute your brother and booby-catch his physique to detonate on your mothers and fathers and then 12 of your loved ones are crammed on a visit to the marketplace by a suicide bomber. Oh specific, this is truly user-friendly isn't it?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Shites are the guys we don't like that are in power in Iran.

The Saudi Royal family (who are close personal friends of Bush) consider themselves the protectors of the Sunni faith.

I think your situation is hypothetical with no chance of coming into being.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hey man i was born in iraq, a sunni

i wanna ask YOU a question

if you're saying shities are the good guys that also means that u r saying iran is considered one one of the "good guys"

no im not a terrorist

BTW most of the shitties in iraq came originaly from iran and those countries

• 1 decade ago

I think peace in the mid-east is next to impossible as most citizens seem to be the most loyal to their tribes and religious sects, not their countries. Until they decide what is right for the greater good, they will just keep fighting amongst themselves to rule and demand that their group is on top.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree, but most Americans are so terrified of Iran because they managed to prick us with their little thorns that we won't ever allow another Shiite dominated state.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.