Is it wrong to internet chat when you are married...?

With Weman or men??

no not about sex just to make like friends?

Favorite Answer

Chatting in the internet is not only for the single ones. Married too can chat as well given ur main goal is to expand ur horizon and make lots of FRIENDS around the world. As long as it doesnt take much of ur time away from ur hubby and ur family then that will be ok and most important u should tell ur hubby u are into chatting once in a while just for fun. We know sometimes for a fact that there's a time we get bored in our lives, then we turn ourselves to cyberspace and chat, to have somebody to talk to, share ideas, exchange thoughts and gain friends. And its free to explore. So, have fun.

Why would it be wrong to chat? I am married and have several email pals, My wife knows them. Now if you are engageing in cybersex maybe thats different, if your partner was aware and also endulged with you or did not see the harm, then I guess it is ok providing it stayed on line. To me cyber without the others consent does constitute a cheat.

it depends...are you just chatting with friends same as you would in real life or are you getting more "personal"? Its up to you and your husband to work out boundaries of what you consider appropriate. But in general just having a conversation with someone is not wrong you do it countless times a day with everyone from coworkers to the mailman.

depends on what you're chatting about. if you're getting into sexual conversations one-on-one then it would definitely not be acceptable in a marriage. if you're talking about normal stuff and not getting too personal it might be ok. I say might because your spouse may still feel "cheated" on just by you spending a lot of time chatting with someone on the computer.

i feel it all depends on your reason behind the chatting.

also, would you allow your spouse to sit there and watch

everything you type? and would you allow your spouse to

know everyone you type too? think about it. would your spouse want you to continue or stop? it is something i feel

the two of you should decide on. remember who you have to face every day, the feelings are real with your spouse. the internet, well, who is really on the other end?

It is wrong if the internet chatting takes the place of conversations with your spouse.

• I chat online every day with several other men(not my husband) and we are friends. Now if it is a sexual thing then it is wrong....put yourself in your spouses shoes..how would you feel if it were them doing the chatting?

Well, I think it depends on the couple. I personally think it's a no go. I just don't think it is something that needs to happen. Everyone feels differently thought, perhaps just talk it out with ya partner.

It depends on the subject matter. If you are sharing intimate, personal, emotional details of your life, you are betraying your spouse and headed for at least an emotional affair.

It's not wrong to talk to people on the net or in the office or on the train....as long as it's something you would do or say in front of your spouse.