why does my fuze in my 1999 dodge dakota sport keep blowing for the heater and a/c control?

1999 dodge dakota sport 4x4 v8.

it runs fine then the heater and a/c controls just stop working completely. also the powered windows dont work either.

the truck continues to run but when you turn it off it WILL NOT turn back on. so i have to go and replace the fuze again but they keep blowing....what is wrong with it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Do NOT, DO NOT put a bigger FUSE in. You will have the best fireworks show in the block! I agree, there is a definite wiring problem. The 2 conditions really have nothing to do with each other, except the fact they both involve wiring. Get it to someone who knows wiring, and that vehicle. Also have them look at blower resistor and, or, fan motor. But that shouldn't keep the vehicle from starting.

Source(s): Chrysler parts guy.
  • 1 decade ago

U have a short to grd. Get a schamatic of the fuse # that is blowing out the fuse.. Find out what componets are attached to it. And start disconnecting them one by one untill the fuse stops blowing. Recommend using a fuse breaker for this. So u don't have to keep buying new fuses. When u find it. Check the schamatic for wire color and tracer color. Use a volt meter or power prob. To conferm suspect cercuit. The window problem is not related to the ac

system. So u better make sure that u check all the fuses. As for the engin (truck) There is no reason for the ac fuse to affect the starting system. Unless u are fimiliar with elect. Diagnosis. Take it to a shop.

Source(s): Self. Dodge tech since 98. Auto tech Since 1980
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

If the thermostat has been replaced and the temp guage goes up to the normal zone then most of the time it is that the heater core is pluged. If you get the engine warmed up and turn the heater on, raise the hood and see if both hoses going to the heater core are about the same temp. These are the hosed going into the firewall. If one of them is a lot cooler then the other one then it needs to be flushed. Unhook the hoses to the heater core and use a garden hose to flush through it. Go one way and reverse and go through the other way. Try this first before you do anything else. If this doesn't work email me

• 1 decade ago

Never put in a larger amp fuse check the wiring at the ign.switch the wire is most likly shorted to steering coloum. hope this helps

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ron B
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

There is a short or in the wiring or an overload in a component.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

u might need a biger fuze or maby the truck is bad

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.