Which is better the Canon EOS Digital Rebel or the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Canon EOS Digital Rebel

Excellent

8.0 out of 10

The good: The Canon Digital Rebel XT's image quality leads its class; competitive price; ultrafast start-up time; very responsive.

The bad: The Canon Rebel XT's lightweight plastic body isn't ergonomically satisfying; no spot meter; limited continuous-shooting mode, unimpressive kit lens; 1.6X lens-conversion factor.

The bottom line: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT is an exceptionally small and lightweight camera designed for amateur digital SLR photographers, but it delivers the responsiveness and image quality you'd expect from a semipro model.

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi

Very good

7.8 out of 10

The good: Compact and lightweight; fast and responsive; intelligently designed with shooting-friendly layout.

The bad: Second status LCD has been eliminated; slow kit lens; no spot metering; poor exposure of backlit subjects.

The bottom line: The Canon EOS Rebel XTi remains a very good first dSLR, but ultimately a disappointing followup to the XT, which cedes its lead to the Nikon D80.

In my opinion..buying Canon EOS Digital Rebel is a great choice..

• 1 decade ago

About a month ago I got a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi with a Tamron 18-250 zoom lens. The XTi has lots more features and options then the 8MP model. You can find out much more at www.bhphotovideo.com and for a heads-up, I have been doing business with them for more then 25 years.

Source(s): Wedding & Portrait Photographer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The best "affordable" value is the Pentax K100D 6.1 mp DSLR which comes with two Pentax lenses: a normal 18-55 mm lense and a 50-200 mm telephoto. The Pentax K Series has the best in-body "shake reduction" bar none. This camera kit sells for $650 at samys.com. Here's a review link:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/k100d_...

Good luck!

• Elvis
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I read that the xt is better

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.