Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

DelDiesel asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

should i do this trade?

should i trade troy glaus and james shields for chipper jones?

my team:

C jorge posada

1B ryan howard

2B brian roberts

3B troy glaus

SS carlos guillen

OF carlos lee

OF ken griffey jr.

OF bobby abreu

UTIL gary sheffield

BENCH: dmitri young and b.j. upton (DL)

STARTING PITCHERS:

roy halladay

felix hernandez

kenny rogers

roger clemens

andy pettitte

erik bedard

james shields

RELIEVERS:

eric gagne

takashi saito

jeremy accardo

• Dan
    Favorite Answer

Yes, you got the pitching to give, and you really dont need shields. Chipper Jones is better then both them combined, and has been on injury, but when he got off of injury, he was doing great. Trade Glaus and Shields for C. Jones.

I would do it. Jones is having a very good year and glaus is in a huge slump. shields is having a good year but hasn't been doing as well during the the last month so I say do it. since it is a 2 for 1 trade I would pick up the best free agent starter you can find afterwards.

I say no. Keep them. Jones is a great player. Whoever Glaus is a great hitter and he is really good at hitting HR. Shields is having a great season. Keep both of your players.