Are PC monitors "HD"?

I have heard that PC monitors are HD but how can this be when they have no way of being connected to a HD service such as "Sky HD", computers do not support BluRay or HD-DVD and cannot play games consoles such as PS3 and XBox 360. Also, if this were true surely the companys would advertise the fact... show more I have heard that PC monitors are HD but how can this be when they have no way of being connected to a HD service such as "Sky HD", computers do not support BluRay or HD-DVD and cannot play games consoles such as PS3 and XBox 360.

Also, if this were true surely the companys would advertise the fact that there monitors are HD.
Update: also Muff!n, yes I do understand a Lot about computers and have just completed a 3 year course on prgraming but I am always willing and wanting to learn more. I don't see the harm in asing questions on this site, it is called "Answers". Curiosity never harmed anyone. I could just be completely... show more also Muff!n, yes I do understand a Lot about computers and have just completed a 3 year course on prgraming but I am always willing and wanting to learn more.

I don't see the harm in asing questions on this site, it is called "Answers". Curiosity never harmed anyone.

I could just be completely ignorant like you for saying that!