Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 decade ago

mosy lyrically inspiring artist?

Which artist/band do you believe is very lyrically inspiring, and have very meaningful lyrics? After listening to so much over the years, so far I believe REM and nirvana both have very interesting and inspiring lyrics.

Favorite Answer

I totally agree with you on REM. I know I had this immensely creative time right after I listened to Ben Folds' "Rockin' the Suburbs" album for the first (and ten millionth!) time. The way he writes about specific characters is so vivid and inspiring.

Also love Tori Amos, her lyrics are like poems straight off the page.

1. I met him in a crowded room, Where people go to drink away their gloom. - Charmless Man - Blur 2. I think I'm gonna be sad, I think it's today, yeah. - Ticket To Ride - Beatles 3. One man come in the name of love, One man come and go. - Pride (In The Name Of Love) - U2 4. When the outside temperature rises , And the meaning is oh so clear. 5. Is it Cologne with its great cathedral? Milan with its glamour and its pace? 6. She would never say where she came from, Yesterday dont matter if its gone. 7. There is freedom within, there is freedom without, Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup. - Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House 8. I've got a little secret for ya. Even now there's something to be proud about. 9. Here comes johnny singing oldies, goldies. Be-bop-a-lua, baby what I say. 10. I thought love was only true in fairy tales, Meant for someone else but not for me. - I'm A Believer - Monkees

Paul Simon, early Counting Crows and Morrissey / The Smiths are all very strong lyrically.

• It's definitely a three way tie between REM, The Smashing Pumpkins and Ben Folds (Five)

I really would have to say Linkin Park. Before u decide the best answer listen to 'Hands Held High' by Linkin Park.

Make sure u listen to the whole thing a couple times and i'm sure you will believe me.

Pink Floyd. Deep stuff. Especially when you get some acid involved. John Lennon has some deep lyrics, too.

I would say Tupac, listen to his lyrics... it takes more than just skills, it takes talent, passion and knowledge to write something that compares to his lyrics.

probably Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie and Sufjan Stevens.. they all seem to have "deep" lyrics, yet at the same time understandable.

Its a tie between my husbands fav which is staind and my fav 3 doors down!

Fleetwood Mac...I know shocking...but I love them and Stevie Wonder