Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What does the Bible say about pedophilia?

I came across a community of Christian Pedophiles on the Internet who exchange stories about their young friends with each other. They apparently don't see much wrong with the relationships with young boys that they have, and argue that God loves all people. From what I've read they believe that God made them this way and they are doing their best to cope with it. I mentioned a discussion group more specifically in a previous question but it was promptly deleted by Yahoo censors. A quick Google search for "christian boylove" should lead you to what I'm asking about.

Do you think God created pedophiles? Should we be more accepting of them? Does God love pedophiles? What's up with Christian Boylove? Will they go to hell? Any thoughts...?

Favorite Answer

Dear Friend,

These people are not Christians:

Ephesians 5:3

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

What these people do is wicked and detestable in Gods sight, if they are not following Christ they are not Christians!

Matthew 18:6

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

We must pray for these people, that they will turn from their wickedness, and find truth and forgiveness in Christ. We must also forgive them (This does not mean tollerating their vile behaviour), so that God can work in their hearts and lead them to repentence!

God Bless

I encourage you to read through the entire Bible yourself: the rewards will outweigh your effort! You can pray and ask God to give you understanding, and also seek Biblical counsel from a humble, faithful person. I am glad you asked a tough question. Many people have answered you well with relevant verses. Yet one Biblical mainstay was glossed over. God very clearly specifies that sex belongs only between a man and woman (both adults) married to each other, a holy covenant that He established in Genesis. You will find in the Books of the Law (the first 5 books of the Bible) verses that teach us how He blesses sex in marriages, and that all sex outside of marriage is evil. Every verses you've been quoted by people are Scriptures given with God's design of marriage as the implicit basis. So pedophilia is evil. Pedophiles, like all sinners, can repent (stop hurting children), and be forgiven and set free from slavery to sin by trusting in and following Jesus Christ.

• Rat

I am not a Christian so I can't get into the nitty gritty about God creating them or loving them or saving/condemning them. I am an atheist.

Paedophilia seems to be a naturally-occuring thing, but that does not mean that it is ok or should be accepted. Children cannot give proper consent to sexual activity, and many are abused and exploited in the porn industry.

I don't recall any specific verses on paedophilia, but Paul says a couple of things in his various epistles about various sexual practices, which may or may not include sex with children. And in the OT, Lot's daughters drug and rape him; it's incest and reverse paedophilia. The bible is sort of ambiguous like that.

But I hold that it is "a sin"... if there is no consent then it is rape, and rape is wrong. God may or may not exist, and may or may not love all people, but loving people does not mean that he would love their actions.

• time after time the scriptures condemn harming children and condemns sexual perversion of any kind.

it also says, "Look! [children] are an inheritance from Jehovah; The fruit of the womb is a reward." (psalms 127:3)

and "The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world." (james 1:27) this last scripture says two things about this. 1: that we must look care for children and look out for their welfare and 2: keep ourselves clean from this world's filth, which INCLUDES pedophilia. otherwise, our worship will not be accepted and will give cause for rejection, just as he rejected the jewish nation.

Sometimes the bible says pedophilia is bad, sometimes the bible says pedophilia is good. There are more contradictions in the bible than there are planets in our galaxy.

Source(s): Theist Religion of Christianity's New and Old Testament

I think they deceive themselves and others. God does love them but their sin he will not forgive if they keep on and encourage others they are doing the devils work. I have to say I would not consider them christian as they are not following Christ to many use the name christian as a title not deserved. this is old testament I just read about Israel but it aplies to Christians today.

Hosea 7:1-16

1 "Whenever I want to heal Israel, all I can see is Ephraim's

sin and Samaria's wickedness. People cheat each other. They

break into houses and steal. They rob people in the streets. 2

They don't realize that I remember all the evil things they've

done. Now their sins surround them. Their sins are in my

presence.

They are perverted liars, and God is not with them. The Holy Spirit cleans people up and delivers them from evil spirits. The demons operating in these perverts are the worst there are.

. ""You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. 2 james 19. Show them this. Dear God they are racing towards a horrible punishment and eternal destruction.

these men are posessed of the most diabolical filth, stay away. Aske the kids they molest how they feel.

Bugger what the bible says or does'nt say. IT'S WHAT WE BELIEVE IS RIGHT OR NOT AND IT'S NOT. Believe it or not we live in a different century to when the bible was written and we deal with things according to the current bible which is the book of law and common ethics.

The bible recommends that they be to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck. Mark: 42

Jesus speaking in Mark 9:42: If anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck.

Having said that, Mary was reckoned to be about 12 to 14, the normal age for marriage in that time and culture, when she gave birth to Jesus. So it depends where you draw the line on age.

For the love of the invisible harry potter in the sky! Are you SERIOUSLY asking how a bunch of semi-nomadic shepherds from 5000 years ago felt about child rape? WTF does it matter? Right is right and wrong is wrong!

If the bible said "and god sayith unto abraham, go and porkith your preteen son..." would that make it ok? Heck no! Pedophilia is sick and perverted and wrong! Just because a book (any book) says anything else doesn't change that!

And get over the old "I have a friend who has a question..." Yeah right we were all born yesterday! YOU are the pervert child lover here pushing this sick site.

Go get some medical help!