Chici asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How much should a 12 year old girl who is 5 feet 6 inches tall weigh?

I'm 12 years old and 5 feet 6 inches. I was just wondering what the proper weight for someone like me is.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

anywhere from 120-150

• Login to reply the answers
  • Jennie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

A great place to start is your BMI. Check the link I have provided. At 5'-6" your weight should be around 150. As a note, I am male, with muscular build, my BMI shows I need to be 175. At 185 I am fairly trim, so 175 feels very light to me. the BMI can be used as a starting point. However, if your BMI is approaching 30, then you need to address where you are at. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Between 115 and 155. Average, 135. Probably, your weight should be toward the lower half of the range, between 115 and 140, because you are not yet an adult. Don't go below 115 unless your doctor OK's it.

Source(s): BMI calculation.
  • 1 decade ago

Ask your doctor to help you determine the proper weight for your age and height. If you are over or under the recommended weight adjust your diet and exercise plan until you meet that weight goal.

Source(s): My doctor told me to do that and now I am the right weight for my age (i'm 13).
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It all depends on your frame. I would think anywhere between 125-150 is normal. The bigger the frame the more you will weigh.

• 1 decade ago

Depends on your build.... I was about 135lbs 5'7" at 12 and I was a normal weight.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well anything under 115 is not very healthy, even if you have a high matabolism. it depends on whether your curvy or lean. but im thinking 120-160.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im 15 and 5 '7"

i weigh about 115

and im a normal weight...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

about 111-126 pounds

• 1 decade ago

it is the range of 110-135

and if u want to test then first of all u calculate u r BMI.

the formula is,

BMI=weight in kg/(height in metres square)

if it is in the range of 18.0 to 24.9 then ur in a healthy and perfect.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.