GRE preparation - has anyone used online tutors, such as TutorVista?

Hi - I plan on taking the GRE this October and instead of the super pricey Princeton Review course I've been looking at test prep given help by tutors online such as TutorVista. Has anyone used them? Are they credible, did it help? What are the other best test prep methods you've used?

Thanks much!

Favorite Answer

I took a prep course for the GRE and only found it of marginal usefulness. However, I used Kaplan's online program and found it excellent. (i also heard powerscore was good) There was a wealth of practice questions and realistic practice tests. And ultimately taking as many practice tests as you can is probably the best way to study. That allows you to focus on your weaknesses in a realistic setting. Another piece of advice I would give would be to memorize vocabulary words. That is probably the quickest way to increase your score on the verbal section. I thought the barron's book was good for that (although the rest of the book was terrible). I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Source(s): Recent grad whose GRE scores got him two free master's degrees

Okay I would really like to help but I've never used TutorVista before. I just know what it is. Why don't you get help from the experts. Go to sites where many tutors & retired teachers hang out:

http://www.tuitionplaza.com/tutoring/

... and many more (use search engine).

Good luck!