Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 decade ago

PLease HELP ME!!!! How do I become the next Barbie or Bratz...Please Read On.......?

(I'm 13 and I love to dream big) You know how The Barbie Company and Bratz Company has every item for girls and teens. From dolls to shampoos to clothes to shoes to accessories to bedrooms to movies to kitchen appliances (I know!) to beauty items to make-up to online games to websites to video games to tv series to backpacks and everything else! What's next: A real Barbie car for a human! (Don't tell me they already made that!)

I want my GI-NORMOUS, multi-billion international business/corporation to be better then The Barbie/Bratz Company and I will aim the audience specifically at tween and teen girls And plus I'll call it something else (well duh!). I'm probably thinking of calling mine Girly Girls or something like that! I want to be the next Doll Diva!!!!

How do I get started, I am completely CLUELESS!?

Sorry if I seem unspecific!

But how do I get things planned out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

If there's a picture in your head of what your dolls or accessories look like then go with it, but see what other people think before you commit to a product or you'll be selling something nobody really wants.

Either people will LOVE it or you should forget it.

Girls already have Barbie and Bratz and there are a million other dolls out there already for them to choose from, so what makes yours so special? But when Bratz came onto the scene everyone thought there was no room for yet another doll, but Bratz had a whole new look (okay so maybe they're a little risque) that made them an overnight sensation.

I'd say that 13 is far too young to be thinking about starting a business, but there are a lot of teenagers who started out in little back-bedroom ventures that turned into real success stories, so if you are serious about it and it's something you're prepared to work and suffer for, then go for it.

Start small; think of your business as being like making a burger: First the bun, then the burger, and when you've got those basics you can start dressing it up with a slice of cheese, the salad, the ketchup and the side-order. But you've got to start simple.

When I was a kid I had this idea of making cards like Top Trumps (I don't know if you get those in the USA) but using monsters instead that would fight each other as a card game... I decided it was silly, but several years later what happened? POKEMON! It just goes to show :-)

You can't really plan yet, just have fun and enjoy creating designs on paper or on the PC - do some research on how to make all this stuff too, and when your prototype that cost $20 to make can be made for $2, you're ready to think about selling for real.

Start reading...there are several books on the Mattel Corporation and it's founder.

...also various other companies that are similar, find out what they did and go from there.

Often the ideas for toys are designed and created from someone else and then the company purchases the idea and patents from the original/maker designer.

Then the company mass markets the product, because they have the funding to do so.

Good Luck.

PLan Firsdt desgin the clothes GEt people to work for you and GEt a story line behind your Dollz. Girly Girlz will work sounds good.

Maybe you CAn Make a line of Clothing and makeup for teenage girls that go along with the still your dollz wear and not that fake stuff real stuff.

And don't forget the Little People when your rich and Famous

Well do generally what they did, but in a new style, like bratz was different than barbie. It has to be all your own, and everybody has to like it as well

Draw-up a plan and send it to a Chinese toy-maker, since they make 99.999% of the USA toys, now. There's a LOT to all this, of course from distribition back to production.. but remember, you'll get NO WHERE if you can't do well in school every year, and forget that boys exist until you're 25 yrs old.. (boys = failure, in girls).

Ask your pappy for money $$$ and your aunts ,uncles,cousins and hit your friends too..this what they call start money -to fund your business..make a model of your doll...then from there hit the toy companies,,,GOOD LUCK PS when u hit it big don't forget ME !!!

This dude can help you:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheToyChannel

Just message him your question he is very nice and has been in that business for like 25 years.

Good luck!

Source(s): I watch his vids on both his toy channels (On Youtube.com)

draw down your ideas learn the steps that it takes to get the finished product and try to make your own.

actually brats was a idea from a man and he isnt hiring real life people, just cartoon figures.