How do you file a complaint against AT&T for poor customer service?

I have spent over 10 hours over several days of phone time trying to get an issue resolved with AT&T and have been transferred to several different departments and every time am transferred with them saying 'Let me transfer you to someone else who can help, that is not my department'. Then when someone says they are taking care of the issue, several days later it is still unresolved. I call in again and go through the same loop of people. I want to file a complaint with some type of government office.

• Laredo
    Favorite Answer

If you now know the correct department to talk to, don' talk to the first bloke that answers, ask for the head of that department. Lodge a clear and firm complaint and if they don't resolve your problem, ask to speak to that persons supervisor. The issue will probably be quickly resolved. However, if for some reason they still don't want to solve the problem just call the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). You can look them up on the internet and get whatever information you need to lodge your complaint.

Ha ha, Funny. I used to be a cust. Serv. Rep for Verizon Wireless. That's kinda hard, cuz they have the WORST system there. And they do a horrible job training, so a lot of the time it's not even the reps fault. But, saying you need to make a complaint. You have to ask to speak to a supervisor twice. After that, you'll get one, you can complain, if you can remember who it was, what time you called. But, it's also hard, cuz you never know if you'll get the same call center twice. Pretty much it's kinda hard to find exactly the right person, unless this person's first name is REALLY unique. Yeah, you're probably s*** outa luck.

Contact your state attorney general's office as well as the better business bureau. I had a tremendous issue with them on Saturday, and was told (after being on hold for hours) that they were busy with their new iphone customers! Well I'm switching over at the end of the month to Verizon, and to those who got the iphone and have never had to deal with ATT....Good luck! you have no idea what's in store

I have a voice handicap that only allows me to talk at a whisper. How do I get a real person with all of the voice activation AT&T now has. I tried for 35 minutes and all I got was voice activation and did not have a choice to push a letter or number. Please give the voice handicap a chose> Thank You.Elvin

• LadyG

Document your experience and file a complaint with the FCC. Telecom companies do not like being contact by the FCC.

Best to not let them get anymore of you time/money. Customer service is a sham, the only thing they know is money, and if they are screwing you, don't give them anymore of yours.

Best way to do it, go with another provider.

If they are this much of a hassle...they don't deserve your money.