name 8 seas tat Have been named after countries?
- -Lv 41 decade agoBest Answer
1. Timor Sea after the Timor island, now East Timor state;
2. Sea of Japan after Japan;
3. South China Sea after China;
4. East China Sea after China;
5. Philippine Sea after the Philippines;
6. Argentine Sea after Argentina;
7. Irish Sea after Ireland, separates the islands of Ireland and Great Britain;
8. Norwegian Sea after Norway;
9. Chilean Sea after Chile, since 1974;
Apart from these, there are many seas named after islands, peninsulas, etc.
- RahwaLv 41 decade ago
The Red Sea is sometimes called the "Erythrean Sea" after the East African country of Eritrea.
- 1 decade ago
the arabian sea too...