Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

In the state of Arkansas in order to marry does the pastor have to be licensed in that home state (serious ans

wers only please)

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Arkansas Statute 25-124: The following are authorized to solemnize marriages between persons who are authorized to marry:

    1. Duly licensed or ordained clergymen.

    2. Judges of courts of record.

    3. Municipal court judges.

    4. Justices of the peace.

    5. Justices of the United States supreme court.

    6. Judges of courts of appeals, district courts and courts that are created by an act of Congress if the judges are entitled to hold office during good behavior.

    7. Bankruptcy court and tax court judges.

    8. United States magistrate judges.

    9. Judges of the Arizona court of military appeals.

    B. For the purposes of this section, "licensed or ordained clergymen" includes ministers, elders or other persons who by the customs, rules and regulations of a religious society or sect are authorized or permitted to solemnize marriages or to officiate at marriage ceremonies.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.