Computer Problems?

I am having a big problem with my computer. It has recently started running very slowly and it takes seconds even minutes for the words I type to appear on the screen. For example right now while I am typing I can't see anything on my screen. I have to sit and wait and then all of a sudden what I just typed will pop up. Everything else seems to be working fine. The mouse is working ok and the web pages and browsers seem to pop up as usual. I am not computer savvy at all and I need to know what a sistah can do about this problem. All you computer wizards out there let me know what the problem could be and what I need to do about it. I mean it has taken at least 30 minutes for me to type this question. I need major help. Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Try running Spybot- Search & Destroy. That will see if any malicious malware program is accessing your computer and using valuable memory (RAM) that you could be using in the programs you wish to be using.

Try scanning your entire computer with an anti virus program. 9 out of 10 computers are infected with some sort of malware or virus.

Try deleting your internet history, downloads, cache, etc., with the browser you are using. If you want to try a program for this that gets a little more (30-day free trial) is Webroot's Window Washer.

Also try defragmenting your hard drive. Your computer may be trying to access files that are scattered all over your computers hard drive and this could seriously slow your computers performance. This should help a little bit.

If none of this works, then your computer does not have enough memory (RAM) and you may have to have someone place more RAM into your computer to handle the programs that you need to run all the time.

Good luck!

Source(s): I do PC Repair on the side.
  • Shibi

I would start with defragging your system. (All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> Disk Defragmenter). If you've never done this it may take a while.

Then, I would run scans for viruses, adware, malware and stuff like that. There are several free programs available to do the scans (Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, CCleaner, Spyware Blaster, McAfee Stinger etc.). If your computer is running too slowly to do the scans, do them in Safe Mode. Even if the defragging is successful, you should be scanning your computer for this junk on a regular basis.

Then, if your computer is still bogging down... I'd reevaluate the symptoms and try looking for a fix again.

Hi. Rule #1: always troubleshoot from the most simple thing through to the most complex that you can handle. Two great things you mentioned is that your mouse, and your web browser seem to be fine. So if you can get your hands on a different keyboard that is "known good" try that first. Does the keyboard function properly in any application? It may be the connection between the motherboard and the receptacle where you plug the keyboard into the P.C's case. I hope this helps!

• kinkel

Based on what you are saying. It's tough to determine what the drawback is. You didn't say whether or not you're making use of High velocity or dial or wi-fi. If you're making use of a wi-fi web, it would be sign barrier drawback. If you're making use of High velocity, it would be spyware and adware drawback, if dial up, would be bandwidth drawback. If you had been making use of you pc adequate earlier than. I do not suppose it is pc drawback. Modem energy surge drawback could also be feasible.

Run a system scan with McAfee or Norton and also get something like Ad-Aware from http://www.download.com/ because this could be a virus program running in your computer and you are responsible if your computer is doing something wrong.

You did not say if the web pages are slow loading or not, but if they are also slow, you are likely infected with malware.

Reformatting and reloading your operating system will rid your computer of malware.

press ctrl+alt+supr check out what program is using most of your memory or CPU usage, then if you want u can just cancel it. You gotta know what program or aplicattion youre canceling thou.

mine does that when i first open a write mail or word document but then it stops

not much help in know sry

Sound like you have a virus...Due a virus check to make sure you don't have one.

press alt+ctrl+del n see if any unwanted programs are runnig behind u.........

update ur antivirus n scan....... scan for spywares also...

or the last solution....... format ur PC....... reinstall every thing...... this will surely help u