The iPhone can sync via Yahoo Mail's IMAP service, so can I use IMAP with my computer's mail client as well?

The iPhone sets up Yahoo accounts as a default option, but does not list the server that it communicates with. I would really like to avoid using POP access on my local computer since the iPhone is currently set up via IMAP (this would keep my account a lot more consistent). I know Yahoo offered IMAP at one... show more The iPhone sets up Yahoo accounts as a default option, but does not list the server that it communicates with. I would really like to avoid using POP access on my local computer since the iPhone is currently set up via IMAP (this would keep my account a lot more consistent).

I know Yahoo offered IMAP at one point (server address of imap.next.yahoo.com) but that no longer works, and my local mail client (Apple Mail) keeps telling me it cannot communicate with Yahoo's IMAP server.

Does anyone know what server the iPhone uses for Yahoo's mail service or how I can set up Yahoo Mail via IMAP on my local computer?

Thanks in advance!!
3 answers 3