iam having a baby!?

iam only 18 and iam having a baby and iam very afraid. can someone help me out. wat should i do?

Favorite Answer

What should you do???? You should smile!!!!!!!!!

You are begining the most beautiful stage of your life.

Becoming a mother will change your life forever for good. You´ll never ever feel alone again, you will have this little angel to protect and advise, to share laughs to enjoy the sun and sing together!

Get a job which allows you to spend time with your baby (e.g. teaching... something) or selling things from home) Read a lot, buy or make cloth diapers so you save some money, start knitting, stay fit and if you don´t have a degreee get one on line asap, cause once the baby is born you slowdown a little bit.

Hugs for you and your baby.

All the best!

Source(s): life

I don't think anyone having an unplanned pregnancy is ever ready for it! I was 23 when I got pregnant, and 24 when I had my son, and I sure didn't feel ready. But as long as you have family and friends to help you out (I was fortunate in that), you will be fine! I was sooo scared about being a mom and having another human being completely relying on me, and honestly, sometimes it still scares me - and he's 11 months now! You get used to it though. For the most part, it just came to me naturally, and I think it's that way for most people. Don't feel bad though, if it doesn't. A lot of people suffer from post-partum depression, some don't for one child and do for another, and if you end up being one of them, don't blame yourself. There is help for that out there, there's not such a stigma on it anymore, and you'll get through it if that does happen.

You may (and almost certainly will) experience tough times if you're going to be a single mom. But there are so many blessings as well! Good luck, and enjoy your little bundle of joy! Trust me, you'll never regret it! When you cradle that baby in your arms and think "he's mine!" it is a very humbling experience, and you can just feel the love flow out of you and all over that precious child! And when he looks at you and studies the face of his mother, you might feel like I did, and just want to cry for joy! Congratulations!

Yes this is something you should have saw coming if you were having sex. Its just what happens that's why your supposed to be married when you have sex then it will not be a big deal.

I do not know what I would have done being pregnant alone and its not something I can see anyone doing. My husband would hold my hair when I was sick at the first of it all, he would bring me food, take care of me, he takes me places, he just does it all for me and you need help its not an easy thing like people think.

You should be afraid it is a scary thing, I was even scared!

You have options!

Congratulations! I was 18 when I got pregnant, and I was very scared. But trust me, everything is working out. First of all, go to a health clinic. They will most likely do a free pregnancy test and basic exam and determine your due date...and you can sign up for medicaid! Don't be ashamed to take assistance in the case of your baby's medical care. Your mom and dad work and pay taxes just like everybody else, and so do I, and I'd much rather my tax money went to keep your baby healthy than went to buy recreation materials for prisoners.

Then talk to your partner. Make a plan. Are you finished with school? Are you working? If you're planning on moving in together, figure out who will pay what bills and what will happen after the baby is born. Will you go back to work, stay home with the baby, or go back to school? Will you put baby in daycare or do you have an aunt or friend who already stays home who could help out?

Once you have a plan, talk to your parents if you haven't already. I say AFTER you make a basic plan because they WILL be angry, but they will take you much more seriously if you have a plan for work and school and daycare already, than if you just go to them and say, "I dunno." They will be mad, but trust me they will love that grandbaby and want to take care of him or her. Just don't dump the baby on them to raise...that's trashy and you're better than that!

Start saving your money. Even if you buy some things secondhand, plan on spending AT LEAST $1000 in baby things for baby's first year. Don't freak out! You can do it! If you and your partner both work 25 hours a week for $6/hr, you can easily have twice this much by the time baby comes. You'll need a crib, dresser, carseat, stroller, diapers, wipes, and toiletries...not to mention clothes and toys. You can start looking for bargains and sales on these things now, and don't be ashamed to buy from yardsales or borrow from friends and family! Also you'll get a shower and people will give you some nice things.

You can do this! Please stay in school if you haven't finished. It's best for you and baby. And even if you and the father aren't together, he IS financially obligated to help you with his child. Buy the book What to Expect When You're Expecting and Your Pregnancy Week by Week...it will really explain your baby's growth and what your body is going through, and what you need to do and not do, etc. Good luck!

I was 20 when I had my first child. Now 16 years later, of course there have been good and bad times, but she has been worth every moment. What I have to say to you is, a baby can be hard and having one young can be extremely hard, but your shoes are not mine and my experiences and shoes are not yours. So you have to do what is best for you. I would do it all over again if I were asked to. So you can do it. Don't be scared it is a new chapter in your life, whatever your decision maybe. It is a new chapter in your life.

What do you whant people to help you with?

I was only 16 when I got pregnant with my little girl and 17 when I had her. Im 20 now and im pregnant again due in 13 days I cant wait

I love being a young mum

It's pretty common... I'll be 19 in a few month and my first baby is due in 8 weeks.. I can't wait! Though i've been more mature all my life. And i was married when i got pregnant.

Just talk to people around you everything will be okay..

Source(s): 32 weeks pregnant.. proud navy submarine wife :)

Wait I'm here. My name is Kathleen. I want to comfort you. It's going to be OK. Personally, you might think I am a little weird, but I am a Christian. I love Jesus. When I am afraid I pray. I've found that God always reassures me when I need him to. Why don't you try God. You might be surprised at how cool he is.

BE CALM I KNO sum1 who had a baby when she wuz 18....she wuz a good friend. DNT TAKE THIS ADVISE......TALK TO DR. PHILL. HE IS SUCH A GREAT MAN.

• I agree with the first answer