Julie asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

sexual addiction...?

How can you help someone (a man) with a sexual addiction? Has anyone out there overcome one? Any advice?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

there are a lot of resources available. thousands of men have overcome sexual addiction. however, it is an extremeley difficult addiction to overcome because it generally stems from issues beginning in childhood. unlike alcohol or many drugs that can be avoided (i.e., you can simply stay away from alcohol), sexual thoughts seem to happen automatically. to overcome, the guy has to really want healing. it is like other addictions in that respect...if he makes half-hearted efforts ,he will eventually return to the addiction. if you are a Christian, I would strongly suggest praying that God lead you to someone who can bring real healing--not just superficial control of the behavior.

Source(s): addiction counselor
  • 1 decade ago

Ahh, good old satyriasis, recently changed to hyper sexuality. If he does in fact have a condition, I'm sure there is some type of medical help that he can seek, although I'm not entirely sure what it hurts. But be sure he does, in fact, have a sexual condition, because it is common among us men to want to have sex. A lot. Try comparing him to other men, or ask other friends about the men they know. Though, 10 to 1, its perfectly natural and your not quite accustomed to the male libido.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Theres a good chance if the reason why you say hes an addict is because hes cheating on you then hes just Bsing you Hes not an addict hes normal

• Bats
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I dunno. I think of my boyfriend as being one huge pervert. We've been together for two years though and I don't think I mind it much. It's not like he cheats, and if I'm not in the mood he just masturbates, so I'd just leave him be if I were you.

However, if he has a problem to where he feels he needs prostitutes or might even go to the point where he wants to rape someone, then I'd have him seek help from a psychologist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't believe in sexual addiction. I believe in having sex but it doesn't rule my world.

• 1 decade ago

i've had one i just sort of grew out of it, i got older and had a baby and that stopped my addiction... but there are sex therapists who can help

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think all men are sexual addicts hun...

• 1 decade ago

I hope nobody ever cures me... lol so my advice is... when you find yourself in times of trouble ..... let it be.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

WHEN U GIVE HIM A ******** BITE HIM!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there is no help for them!!! lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.