Bridging My Four Channel Amp Mono?

I currently have a Legacy LA720 amp. It's four channel 200W per channel, two of the channels are bridged, they have a crossover that im running at around 80htz these are powering my sub right now. The thing is my Jensen JPW124 sub i wayyy underpowered. I was hoping to bridge all four channel mono. I wouldnt see a problem with it except this amp is weird. Heres how

Four channel bridgeable to two channel by means of the Bridged and stereo switch and proper wiring of course.

bridged the one channel, its pushing my sub and has a crossover, the other doesn't have a crossover.

if i bridge the two bridged channels i will be willing to use a high frequency filter to get rid of the highs (i.e turn the crossover off and run the filter instead) if i can do this ill be hoping to squeeze the full 800W from the amp, and sufficiantly power my sub.

I already have it bridged two channel by means of the Bridged/stereo switches on the amp, so really im taking from 2 channel to mono.

Best Answer

You may think your bridging your amp to 1 channel but really your not. You can only bridge a 4 channel amp to 2 channels due to the amps internal design. Some amps have two seperate internal amps.

You can't bridge a 4 channel amp to mono. You'll need a different amp.

yeah you do need a different amp or other wise switch out the sub to a dual 4 ohm so you can bridge 2 sides together and still go to one sub