Trash Michael Moore Day! Did you even see any of his films?

I see all you people, who probably never made a movie, trashing Moore. The new one, Sicko, is about healthcare. He said himself he thought he could address an issue that effects everyone. I can say negative things about his technique as well, but at least he is presenting an issue that drastically needs attention.

I haven't seen Sicko yet, but I read Hillary is on his hit list because she recieves money from healthcare lobbyists and he does not present the downside of socialized medicine in Cuba, France, etc.

Why don't you go make a movie about how great America is if you hate Michael Moore so bad, or just don't pay to see Sicko, fine. He doesn't care if you see it for free and you hate him, this is still an issue that needs attention and that is his goal.

edit: yes, if you've actually seen his films, fine it's fair to have an opinion. many people hate him because they are told to.

i agree with you sarge, i know his goal is to make money.

Favorite Answer

USA, we got crooked Doctors and crooked Health Insurance companies

while everybody else got free health care.

Not fair.

Healthcare is an important issue, but since when is it the governments responsibility to provide everything? I'm sure Moore has a very nice insurance policy. He is not relying on a handout except from the people who pay to see his movies.

The only benefit in Cuba is what? Healthcare? They have mass unemployment, starvation wages, 50 year old cars that they have to make parts for, a dictator that rules with an iron fist, etc. Great place to live. Would you want to make the trade? I wonder if this movie is as factual as Roger and me, Faraheit 9-11, and bowling for columbine. The man is a known liar.

Here's the problem with Michael Moore: He identifies a problem, decides all by himself what the cause of the problem is, and then goes out and gathers "evidence" that supports his point of view. In "Roger & Me," he decided that corporate greed was at the heart of all the GM plant closings in Flint in the early '80's and didn't present any other views. He didn't even bother looking into the impact the energy crisis and the growing production of more fuel-efficient Japanese cars had on GM's re-tooling and research/development spending. And of course he didn't dare accuse the United Auto Whiners of any wrongdoing, despite the fact that a starting line worker was making over three times the minimum wage at the time (bringing absolutely no education or skills to the table and essentially doing a job a trained monkey could do) and the UAW went ON STRIKE in 1979 for more money! He used the same tactics in "Bowling for Columbine" and "Fahrenheit 911," but in the latter he basically manufactured false "evidence" to support his claims.

P.S.: If you think Michael Moore's goal is to present an issue that needs attention, you need to get your head examined. His goal is to make lots of money and to parrot his own self-glorifying agenda.

• Mike H

I saw SiCKO Fri night and it was pretty amazing. You can't argue with the facts in the movie that the 9/11 rescue people were called heroes by Bush and Giuliani but now they need health care from the injuries and problems they got working on ground zero. Why won't America take care of our heroes????? That's the question we need to answer. Also how can every other country like us give everyone health care and why can't we?? We need answers to these questions. See the film!

Who said this: "Filmmaker Michael Moore's brilliant and uplifting new documentary, "Sicko," deals with the failings of the U.S. healthcare system, both real and perceived. But this time around, the controversial documentarian seems to be letting the subject matter do the talking, and in the process shows a new maturity." FOX News!

2 and both left me quite curious about the facts. Some things I knew right off were wrong, so I wasn't surprised to find out that virtually every "fact" was skewed.

It is not hard when dozens of people in his films came forward to dispute the crappola as portrayed. That is why his films have to be classified as fiction. If not he would be sued left and right. I don't plan to see sicko. It is the worst thing that has ever happened to healthcare. Attach MM's name to it and now no one will ever believe anything that is bad.

I've seen all of his films, and find him a creative and entertaining film maker.

However, he is NOT a documentarian, and his films are NOT documentaries but rather opinion pieces. Moore has an agenda and only presents one side of what are often very complex and many sided stories.

Ken Burns makes documentaries, Moore makes propaganda; which is not a bad thing as long as you go in with that understanding.

I have never made a movie, I sell my labor like a real proletariat, not these wannabe communist petty bourgeoisie.

And I have seen every Moore movie and I will watch Sicko.

I will continue to trash him.

• I have HUGE problems with Michael Moore.

But I agree with you that healthcare is a problem! I just don't think he has the right solution.

Have a nice day!

• Phil

Moore is smart. He lies in his 'movies', and then sells them to an audience that is too stupid to realize that they aren't real.

Why would I waste money to go see his one sided propaganda films? Even if I was a Democrat, I wouldn't pay to see those. They aren't my style of movies.