How many hours a night do you usually sleep?

I feel like I need about 8 hours of sleep a night, but so many people I know get by on much less. I almost feel guilty. Is this "wasted' time?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Raptor
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The actual amount of sleep that you need is dependent on your age, your health, lifestyle, and any other number of factors. I usually go to bed by about 7:30 a.m. and wake up between 2:00 - 3:00 a.m. local time. Then I sleep later on in the morning from about 6:30 to 9:00. Of course, I take multiple medications and have MS as well, so I require more sleep than most.

Don't feel that eight hours is wasted time if that's what it takes for you to feel good. Infants generally need 12-16 hours, teenagers 10 hours, adults eight, and seniors 6. It's all dependent on how you feel.

• 1 decade ago

i 'rest' (not sleep) for 9 hours a night.

of that 9 hour rest period, i may sleep 4 or 5 hours. i wake up a lot.

my husband on the other hand SLEEPS for that entire 9 hours, and is still tired in the morning. he needs more sleep than i do.

i don't think 8 hours a night is too much. you need what you need!

• 1 decade ago

Usually about 6. Sometimes 2-4. I'm not a good sleeper. Don't feel guilty. I'd love to be able to sleep for 8 hours. Enjoy it!!

• 1 decade ago

when you sleep your body is recovering from all the days activities, your muscles are growing and rejuvinating, your mind is using that time to relax so it can refresh all of the synapses in your brain and sleep can actualy let what happened during the day sink in. It has been estimated that about after 10 or 11 days without sleep you could die.

So sleep is essential to the vitality of your body and mind. You should sleep on average about 8-12 hrs a day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, sleeping is one third of your life. I only get about 6 or 7 hours of sleep a night.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no i am mandatory 6-8 hours. but lately i have been trying to sleep my depression off so since i work nights i end up sleeping all day long and cannot get anything accomplished!!! it sucks!!!

• 1 decade ago

no. i sleep 12 hours. more sleep is better! it releases stress, and built up feelings. plus, it reduces chance of sickness. of course its not wasted time! if not, i would sure be missing out on a lot

• 1 decade ago

i sleep five hours. it feels like thats all i need. i've been getting five hours from when i was 12 i am now 55

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Eight hours is ideal although you can manage with six or seven. Try a nap on holidays.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

About four hours.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.