Darcy57 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Is it harmful for a cat to be on top of the micowave while its running?

Shes old and cranky so we hate to make her move once shes found a comfortable spot.

Favorite Answer

Unless she got a pacemaker. lol. But she fine. Microwaves are harmless because this type of radiation does not split up atoms and cause cell damage. I hope that makes sense.

It's not a healthy thing for us to stand infront of a mocrowave oven. Your cat being on top, I'm no sure. But why take chances if you don't know the answer.

Because she's old and cranky doen't mean you can't move her to another area.

What would you do if your cat jumped into the clothes dryer after the drying cycle was over, door open and clothes are ready to be removed. Would you remove her or let her stay in the dryer because she's old and cranky?

I think you know the correct answers to both these questions.

Because your cat is old and cranky doesn't me she doesnn't need a little discipline from time to time. My cat is 25 yrs. old and yes she still needs discipline at times. You allow it, they will do it.

Source(s): My own experiences. We will spoil our cat's, but they still need to know what they can and can not do. They already know the limits set, but if they think they can get away with something, they're sure going to try. That never goes away.

I don't see any harm in it as long as she is not covering up any vents or anything. If it bothers her she will move.

it's fine