Does music suck?

I get the impression that music sucks these days. Does it, or am I getting old?

Favorite Answer

these days... YES...

• im 19 and I can tell u it sucks more than it used too. Its not really art or talent any more (with some exceptions) its all about finding a pretty face and turing it into a star. To get all the teens and preteens to buy the albums and get the record companies rich. I cant think of any artists today that will be thought of in 40-50 years like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and the Stones

Around 90% of the new stuff that comes on the radio these days definitely sucks. I'm only 25 and I can't stand most of the new crap coming out. There are a few good bands still coming out with music though. You just have to look hard to find them. Black Label Society and Soulfly are my two favorites. Check them out.

No your not getting old. Im a kid and I appreciate the classics. Todays music just dosent have the feeling or meaning as it did in the 60's and 70's.

Nearly all mainstream music sucks. And rap/hip hop is taking over, which is a horror to the ears.

Yeah, go check out local artists, then you'll find some decent music. Don't listen to the mainstream crap.

It doesn't suck if you're listening to the right music.

Why complain? Just listen to your type of music. I like today's music a lot. In fact I like any type of music from the late 50's to today. I don't like rap though.

no you are not getting old at all.. music today is just simply a mass produced bunch of crap.. there are no longer any REAL songwriters that know how to create a story and let you the listener relate to it in their own way.. everything now is just so shallow and stupid.. plus i must add that god i will kill for the lost art of a guitar solo .. so sad :(

• WTP

It doesn't suck, but compared to the old days (which I wasn't even around for), it's disappointing.

• These days?Yeah! A lot of trash is getting passed up as music and a lot of clowns as talented. Music just isn't what it used to be...

Yes, almost all of it sucks. I've given up on listening to the radio..