Does music suck?

I get the impression that music sucks these days. Does it, or am I getting old?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

these days... YES...

• im 19 and I can tell u it sucks more than it used too. Its not really art or talent any more (with some exceptions) its all about finding a pretty face and turing it into a star. To get all the teens and preteens to buy the albums and get the record companies rich. I cant think of any artists today that will be thought of in 40-50 years like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and the Stones

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Around 90% of the new stuff that comes on the radio these days definitely sucks. I'm only 25 and I can't stand most of the new crap coming out. There are a few good bands still coming out with music though. You just have to look hard to find them. Black Label Society and Soulfly are my two favorites. Check them out.

• 1 decade ago

No your not getting old. Im a kid and I appreciate the classics. Todays music just dosent have the feeling or meaning as it did in the 60's and 70's.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Nearly all mainstream music sucks. And rap/hip hop is taking over, which is a horror to the ears.

Yeah, go check out local artists, then you'll find some decent music. Don't listen to the mainstream crap.

• 1 decade ago

It doesn't suck if you're listening to the right music.

• 1 decade ago

Why complain? Just listen to your type of music. I like today's music a lot. In fact I like any type of music from the late 50's to today. I don't like rap though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no you are not getting old at all.. music today is just simply a mass produced bunch of crap.. there are no longer any REAL songwriters that know how to create a story and let you the listener relate to it in their own way.. everything now is just so shallow and stupid.. plus i must add that god i will kill for the lost art of a guitar solo .. so sad :(

• WTP
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It doesn't suck, but compared to the old days (which I wasn't even around for), it's disappointing.

• These days?Yeah! A lot of trash is getting passed up as music and a lot of clowns as talented. Music just isn't what it used to be...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, almost all of it sucks. I've given up on listening to the radio..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.