Why are some of the rudest people on R&S?

I've found that more people give/receive thumbs down on R&S than any of the other categories. This is supposed to be where people share and ask about other's beliefs, why so rude?

Even when someone gives a sincere answer it still gets "shot down" by others. Can't people just learn to accept that there will always be someone out there who will disagree with them?

Strange, this is my most answered question ever posted and it's only been up for a few minutes! People really are passionate/opinionated on this subject! (No worries, so am I!)

This is my favorite section. It's the only one that really seems to have any real point to it and the discussions always get your mind moving. I have found that it has really strengthened my own testimony and faith. My knowledge of my own church has grown because I want to know the answers to the questions everyone asks.

Favorite Answer

It seems that we have a good cross section of society here. "The good, the bad and the ugly".

It is easy, I suppose, to justify the rudeness, when we can hide behind our yahoo identities. I wonder if there would be such boldness if we were all face to face.

Hang in there. Weed through the rudeness and you may find some like-minded folks looking to share their beliefs!

Its my favourite section too - it can make me laugh, think and ponder the stupidity of some people.

I think its going to attract a lot of people with differing beliefs because of the vastness of the field of religion, as well as non-religion.

Religion has been, is and will be a controversial subject and some people take personal offense to those who don't share their opinion. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with what they've said - it wasn't rude, didn't belittle people ... it just had a christian view and it was an atheist rater.

A thumbs down is an indication of disagreement. Why would you consider disagreeing to be rude? I have been known to give a thumbs down from time to time... Usually when an answer is Rude, Crude or Obscene and sometimes for all the above reasons.

R&S is a controversial subject with many different beliefs. There are those that do not agree with others and make it known by answering that way or 'behind the curtain' with thumbs down.

• RIFF

R&S is a tough bill to play for. Either you're thick-skinned or you're not. These members love to battle it out, and battle it out they do. Personally, it's my favorite section. I love/hate alot of these fine people-passionately, and sometimes all in the same breath. It's amazing in here.

• macko

maximum are not frightened of atheists, i'm not. countless Christians, or so as that they call themselves, are in basic terms ignorant and don't understand what they are conversing approximately. they only prefer to argue and be judgmental. they are going to be confronted via this. that's inaccurate and a thoroughly immature way of drawing close atheists and that i'm getting very annoyed with this human beings. Atheists have heard approximately God, and its their determination on what they prefer to have faith. i'm unlikely to decide them for it, i'm unlikely to declare mean issues to them for it, i'll enable them to stay the way they prefer to. whether that would not advise that in the event that they arrive to me approximately something I won't shop my mouth close. If somebody asks my opinion i'm gonna provide it to them straight forward and to the factor. I wish greater Christians might attempt and be advantageous to atheists and be their pal. i like human beings whether they have not got faith what i think.

Because the most PASSIONATE people are on R & S! They feel the need to give thumbs up/thumbs down according to thier beliefs.

When people believe very strongly about something they are usually the most defensive about what they believe in. So therefore all the thumb ratings.

Because SOME people feel threated when someone hold a differing view to themselves and they become defencive and sometimes aggressive.

Religion is a volatile topic, one that people feel very strongly about. It's not like sharing ideas about food or music or answering polls.