rock 'n roll vs. christianity?

rock is from hell right

i love being a catholic

i love rock n' roll

what are your veiws

im not talking about satanic just the culture of rock is from hell- drugs and sex

• Leafy
    Favorite Answer

Oh, yes, rock is from hell.

No, rock is not from hell, lots of rock is actually a bit religious. (And no, I'm not talking about Christian Rock, either.)

Take Great Gig in the Sky. Beautiful song. The "great gig" sounds like a comfy place to be, and it's certainly not burning.

Hmm...

What about Heart? They're considered rock, but I'm pretty sure that they're not satanic. Very mellow, lovely stuff.

Now stuff like "I'm gonna rip your head off and feed it to my lord Satan" is stuff you *might* want to consult your minister on.

My Christian high school term paper was called The Effects of Rock Music on Christianity Today. At that time, I believed that rock & roll was headed straight to hell. But see? I was wrong. Were all ok. I love MCR and I'm still going to heaven!

In my opinion rock is anything you want it to be. If you believe its from hell hey, thats your opinion. I believe that rock is just a way to express the thrill and energy of good music! I also believe that rock isnt from hell because there is music called christian "rock"..yeah..I think I proved my point..lol! I dont understand why rock would be hell music when "metal" and "hardcore" and "screamo" and all that sweet jazz is I guess what you can call worse than rock..but whatever..I also believe that music is a gift and not a sin so if people who are "good christians" has problems with rock music then they should believe that all music is devilish because thats crazy.. Dont get me wrong, im Baptist! But yeah rock music isnt a sin or anything and shouldnt be considered one either. PERIOD!

No.!PERIOD! Rock isn't from the place you say it's from! Rock comes from another type of music that has changed it's form. I don't really know how to explain it. Rock has been around since the 50's. It's just another type of music. You can be both. My mom's a catholic, and she likes all types of music, including rock. It's a free country. Am I right? The belief that rock comes from the place that you say it comes from is just a belief. You can't get punished for doing what u like to listen to right? It's not a sin. No, not all bands r like that.

• WTP

Well, rock in general isn't from hell. Metal is from hell.

And you can like both metal and be a believer. Ralph Santolla, who was a former guitarist for Deicide (satanic death metal band, includes songs like "When Heaven Burns," "Death to Jesus," and "In Hell I Burn") is a Roman Catholic. Most people I know who like rock, metal, or even satanic metal are christians. Religion shouldn't have anything to do with your choice in music. I'm an atheist, and I listen to christian and satanic music.

I think the question is to general. I love rock-n-roll, but not ALL rock-n-roll. Not much in to heavy metal, screeching electric guitars, screaming, etc. Not all rock stars are drug users, but yes, many CELEBRITIES indulge in adulterous sex, illegal drug use, excessive alcohol intake, etc. Rap music is just as big of an influence as rock. So is country music (at least - where adultery / alcohol is concerned. Don't hear many country songs involving drug use / influenced by drug use.)

We become like what / who we spend most of our time with; that's something for everyone to keep in mind. That is how people's behavior IS influenced by music, movies, books, etc. You have to spend time with God every day if you want to become like God; it is the Christian's job to AFFECT the world - not become INFECTED by the world.

I'm not one to judge an entire genre of music based on a few questionable songs or the public ungodly behavior of a few "artists". I don't generally like rap, but I heard a song on "So You Think You Can Dance" last night that I kind of liked (probably because I wish my daughters would tell that to the guys in their lives right now! LOL! It was by Fergie & Ludicris, and the only part I can remember went something like "If you ain't got no money, take your a** back home!")

All kinds of music ministers to me - God works in mysterious ways. Only He knows a person's heart.

I think this is a question you will have to answer for yourself. You have to look at it and decide if the music you are listening to goes against your beliefs.

There are plenty of rock musicians who are Christians, some are very open about their faith. For others it's more personal. There are also Christian rock bands who use their music to praise God.

However because religion is such a personal thing, you're going to have to look with in yourself for what is right for you.

No, rock music is not from hell. I am a Christian and I listen to it. There's nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of Christian bands out there to prove it.

ROCK N ROLL IS THE BEST!

who says rock and roll is from hell?

rock is just another kind of music

people use music in churches and stuff. they even make christian rock songs.

im catholic too

No, I'm from hell. Rock isn't, but if it is then I just love it that much more.