Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Does the Catholic Church accept gay people..?

I was just wondering because I'm bisexual and my family is really Catholic, they dont really make a big deal out of non-Christian stuff, soo...I'm just wonder because my grandma beleives they (she doesnt know im bi) were born that way and she is for gay marriage. Soo...does the Catholic Church accept gay people?

AND are mud slides good..?

Favorite Answer

Yes.

Created in the image of the one God and equally endowed with rational souls, all men have the same nature and the same origin. Redeemed by the sacrifice of Christ, all are called to participate in the same divine beatitude: all therefore enjoy an equal dignity.

The Catholic Church believes there is nothing sinful about being homosexual. But homosexuals like all unmarried people are called to celibacy.

The Church specifically says that homosexuals "must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided."

Here is the text of the document, On the Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons (1986): http://www.newadvent.org/library/docs_df86ho.htm

With love in Christ.

Source(s): For more information, see the Catechism of the Catholic Church, section 2357-2359: http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/pt3sect2chpt2a...

The Catholic Church has already admitted that 30-40% of its priests are gay, which means 50%. The Pope says that new priests will be asked if they are gay before their ordination in order to eliminate gays in the rectories, but every one knows that gay men will say "No" in order to get in.

• ?

it rather is not a question approximately accepting human beings, no. it fairly is approximately not accepting issues that are against God's regulation. it rather is not the guy yet that action. all and sundry could properly be everyday notwithstanding, while your action flow against the coaching you declare faith in. What does that make your faith? A lie??? See if That way of existence is offensive to God and you go with to declare faith in God, properly the place do you draw the line between God's regulation and your own regulation. fairly that's what you're asking. it may be an analogous to rape young little ones then turn around and say yet i'm a Christian God loves me there is not something incorrect with what i'm doing. yet fairly, regardless of if it fairly is erroneous interior the eyes of God does not be counted what it fairly is. Oh yet i'm forgiven! not in case you go with for to flow against what you declare. you attempt to place God into your own little container, to make him adjust to your own strategies, extremely of finding at what He has pronounced. God can forgive, notwithstanding Jesus pronounced flow and sin not greater. in case you recognize it does not greater healthful, then attempting to make it greater healthful won't paintings. in case you do not consider me that superb, i'm not likely to hate you for it. i'm not likely to sentence all and sundry for their existence form. All I fairly have pronounced is what I by religion have self assurance. If requested what i think of then sure i'll assert that i don't have self assurance it fairly is right , notwithstanding i don't have self assurance that killing is right the two. Am I accountable of hate for that remark????? it rather is not approximately condemnation it fairly is approximately being genuine to what you're saying you think. Label me how ever you go with.

Yes they do. So do a lot of non-denominational churches. Of course they would prefer you weren't practicing, but they don't have a problem like say, the Babtists do.

Its crap philosophy that I don't see too many Catholics follow. They pull the whole idea of "As long as they don't act on ti". W_T-F? Honestly would the pro-homosexuality Catholics step up and challenge their "False Teachers"!

Heaven wont, unless they repent of their sin and turn from their ways. Bible says its an abomination to God.

• C J

It is my understanding that they would be permitted to come into the church, but would not be able to receive sacraments.

No they don't accept gay people.

They chose to protect pedophile priests instead.

Be whatever religion you want to believe

• me