Do you think this quote (in dating) is true?

I read the quote, "The biggest mistake you can make is not talking about marriage from the beginning". It came from a woman.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think what she means by that is to find out where a person stands on marriage. You want to be on the same page and not waste anyone's time. So yes, I think the quote is true. It's best to find out if the relationship has the potiental to blossom. I don't think it shows that desperation. It can come up in casual conversation. It's just like asking what's your favorite show? All you have to say is "how do you feel about marriage?" It's just a question. It doesnt' mean you want to marry this person. This is coming from a woman also!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that quote came from a desperate woman

cause i know if a woman starts talking about marriage in the beggining of a relationship she can actually scare a man off.

its like saying to a guy

"ya i really want to hurry up and get married my biological clocks a tickin"

TACKY

• 1 decade ago

Maybe she meant why invest time if it's going to go nowhere by it. Just a thought. I'm neutral. I'd be a little put off if it was right away but I'd understand nowadays if a woman was curious. Theres a lot of men who are anti marriage.

• 1 decade ago

I'd assume it's an old quote. Talking about marriage makes you seem way too old fashioned, and, frankly, probably scares people off.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No is quite plainly stupid and makes no sense at all.

Or at least I dont want to try to understand it.

Source(s): a guy
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.