Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

I am not a native English speaker.?

My friend (nurse) wants to know if this following sentence is correct.

"We need a urine specimen. Use this cup and leave it inside the bathroom."

If something is wrong, could you correct it?

Favorite Answer

Perfect. No need to say please or thank you. Those are directions. Very good.

Thats perfect well done... Just remember to say please at the end its more polite & nice even when you're asking the patient for a urine specimen ok.

From

Normimah 29yrs

Married 5 Half Years

Mother of 2 Kids Age 4 & 2.

• kitty

AFTER THE BATHROOM BRING ME THE CUP AND I HAVE TO MAKE SURE IT'S ROOM TEMPERATURE THEN I WILL FILL OUT A PAPER AND SEAL IT THEN I WILL ASK YOU TO INT THESE AREAS AND I WILL SEND IT OFF AND I WILL KNOW IN A FEW DAYS IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS I WILL CALL YOU THAT'S A DRUG TEST A PREGNANCY TEST YOU JUST LEAVE THE SPECIMEN IN THE BATHROOM AND IT WILL BE PICKED UP .................

If you're going to leave a urine sample in a cup, better label it in case someone drinks it thinking it's lemonade or something.......

• MatT

Rephrase it like this way:

"We need a sample of your urine for analysis. Please use the cup provided in your table and just leave it inside the toilet after use".

It looks fine to me. Will it be written or spoken?