Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

what kind of credit card can i get when i have bad credit with out a security deposit, my credit is 565?

Favorite Answer

If your credit score is 565 and you can't afford a security deposit, you really shouldn't be trying to obtain more credit. If you do happen to get something, the interest is going to be very high. As you probably already know, at higher interest levels the minimum payment due usually only covers the interest due, so you never wind up paying down the balance.

Try to focus on saving rather than spending. Unless you are able to establish discipline in your spending habits your credit will not improve.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but it's the truth.

You could probably get 1 from Orchard Bank. I recommend fixing the problem though by repairing your credit. Usually companies charge hundreds of dollars to simply pull your credit and send correctly worded dispute letters—this is the key…..people will tell you that you can do this yourself for free but the truth of the matter is that the credit bureaus will throw your letters away or simply reject them. There is an easy to use online kit that will deliver the results you want available for just $19.95 at the source website. A similar kit is being sold via infomercials and radio talk shows for seventy dollars more but they try to solicit you repeatedly for other services after the fact.

Source(s): www.creditrepair101site.com

Take a look at your credit report and see why you have that FICO score. See what you can clear up or take care of first before you apply for any additional credit.

Keep making your current payments on time and give it 6 months before you do apply for anything if you are financially able to.

You nmight want to create a budget while you are completing these tasks. Good Luck

I would recommend applying for a Orchard bank card. They are for people who want to build their credit.

its hard to get a credit card with a credit score like that.mine is 570 and i cant get any credit cards.i have tried and tried and they deny me of them.so in order for me to get one is to fix my credit.oh we can get the prepaid cards.they are suppose to help your credit i think.im not for sure.but all i know is,is that you can get approved for one of those but not a real credit card.life sucks...lol oh i forgot yeah you can only get a real credit card if you pay them $150 for the security deposit which is a joke!!!!!!!

try chase or capitalone.

check here for tips on how to get C.C

http://everything-credit-cards.blogspot.com/

orchard bank or chase