1988 chevy s-10?

is there a product that you can add t your system that will actually stop an oil leak?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    yes- there are many products. go to napa or something and ask someone. more easily stopped if you know where it is coming from. you may want a mechanic to check it out. somethings are easily fixed- could be that you don't even need the product. and don't go to jiffy lube

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Find out where the leak is coming from. Valve cover gasket? Timing chain cover seal? If it's a V6 it might be the intake manifold.

    Then fix it. No additive will soften the seals or clog the gasket.

  • 1 decade ago

    If your seals and engine are original from 1988, the answer is most likely ...No... old hard worn rubber seals can only be replaced..

  • 1 decade ago

    If there was wouldn't most everyone be buying it? Unfortunately there isn't.

    Source(s): Me, Chevy mechanic.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.