Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 decade ago

I'm trying to break into the music business, What's the best way to go about it?

I'm 16 and I wanna be a musician. I write and perform my own music, and I know how to play a little guitar, but aside from making more rock/alternative sort of music, I write alot of R&B sorta stuff. I have a camcorder that I can record into, using this recorder like thing on it, and I can upload it to my computer and all that stuff, but it's just vocals only. Does anyone know any sort of free downloadable drum machines I could make beats on, that would be easy to add vocals over? And what should I use to record my vocals, because the camcorder/recorder thing is staticy sounding. Then once I have the demos recorded, what's the best way to go about getting them heard? I'm too young to play in clubs, and I heard that sending demos to record companies usually leads to them simply throwing them away. Any help on any of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

• Topez
    Favorite Answer

I'd say to seek out some good, sound local talents in your area and ask their advice.