How do I give up ownership of a Yahoo group to another email address?
I would like to deactivate my old email address and come up with a new one. How do I assign ownership of my Yahoo Group to the new email address?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I assume you are wanting to get rid of your old e-mail address entirely - If not, you can just go to your Yahoo! profile settings, and add the new e-mail address to your profile.
1. Join the group using your new e-mail address. Then log out.
2. Log back in under your old ID as the group owner.
3. Go to the "members" link on the left side of the groups page. Find your new ID on the list.
4. Select the "edit membership" link for the new ID. You should be able to change the privileges from member to owner there.