should i be jealous or not? how to deal with it?

Ok so ive been dating this girl for about a month now, she has been broken up with her ex for about 3 months, they dated for 3 years, i told her no rush into a relationship so i told her to tell me when shes rdy and she did. ok now my problem, she says she likes me a lot and trusts me and she isnt the scandles kinda girl, very very goodie goodie, but ive been cheated on 2 times in my time, oh im 20 by the way and so is she. she has only had 3 b/fs her entire life including me and tonight she is going to watch a movie with her very first b/f, she told me and said she'll talk to me at midnight, she will only be there for like a hour 1 1/2. im going crazy but she doesnt know it, i kinda hacked her myspace password and logged in and she says all this nice stuff about me to her friends on how nice i am and such. also doesnt that seem weird to hang out with a ex b/f? she only dated him like 3 months in high school i know its bad that i got her pass but i dont want a repeat. i do feel bad :(

Favorite Answer

ok, well honestly hacking her myspace was a bit much.

but I really don't see why she needs to go to a movie with her ex boyfriend alone. Ask her if you could come along, and see how she responds.

Sorry sweetie the green eyed monster has a hold on you. You have to let it go because it is going to ruin anything you could have. No more hacking into her stuff no matter how tempting. And you should feel lucky she is being honest and up front with you. That means she has no intentions of doing anything. If you make her feel guilty she will no longer be as open and honest. You can tell her after the fact that you did feel a little weird about her hanging out with her ex. Men and women have a hard time being "just" close friends so if you see them getting close, watch out. I hope this helped.

I agree with the person above, you shouldn't have hacked her myspace. But I also don't understand why she would go to a movie with an ex. Nobody talks to their exes. Maybe she just likes the attention. Who knows? Maybe she has feelings left for him. At any rate, she'll figure it out sooner or later and if she knew about the myspace thing you will so be gone.

Well, depends on how serious you are. If you are just nonchalantly dating, and not going together seriously, then she can go see a movie with whomever she wants. If you both agree that you are serious, then yeah, I would be a little nuts too. She is going to be mad if she finds out you hacked her myspace account, that is over the edge. You can't date people carrying around old baggage, that is unfair to someone who hasn't hurt you. Don't make her pay for other people's mistakes. Good luck!

i would be jealous too if it were like that with me and my bf except it being him going to an ex's house. but hacking in to her myspace is an envasion of privacy and that could mean you dont trust her. and if she finds out you did that, that could cause a little fight between you two. now if she just got out of a long relationship i wouldnt doub she still has feelings for him, you cant get over someone youve been with for 3 years in 3 days and maybe 3 months. i would say just trust her. does she know youve been cheated on in the past?

It sounds like they are just friends, the ex was just a short thing along time ago.

it seems like you really like each other, maybe try to be a bit more open, and love like you've never been hurt before, and trust a tiny bit more, otherwise you' may ruin your new relationship by digging up past issues and bringing them into yournew relationship. As long as she calls you whenshe said she will.

my poor boy and yes i read through your description usually i don't with such long one. hmm i know its hard on you as you been cheated twice but never give up hope on a good relationship ok?

sometimes we need to ask ourselves why we fail? for this girl i suspect she might still have that little feelings with her 1st ex and she should care about your feelings. i suggest you keep her as a very casual friend and get to know someone better instead. you have to look long term, will she be a good wife and mother? god bless.

Since you found out she thinks highly of you....give her the benefit of the doubt that she may cheat on you...but don't get carried away with being ok with her seeing other guys...tell her how this has made you feel...she needs to know you care, be you trust just the same.

Don't be so insecure! It was a short high school relationship and I doubt you have anything to worry about.

And don't hack her Myspace, that's betraying HER trust.

dont stay quiet and drive yourself crazy. its unhealthy. for you and for the relationship. TALK to her about how you feel about her hanging with her ex.