My computer freezes everytime I try to download a PDF file, why?

Favorite Answer

How much RAM do you have? ..If it's 128 MB or something round about that then you need to upgrade the RAM?

Download the latest version of Acrobat. If that doesn't work then its Probably it is running out of space. Just go to Internet explorer click tools and then Internet options. Then Click delete temporary files and then click all offline content then click OK. Then just wait till the hour glass is gone and it should work. If it doesn't then do the same thing and click delete cookies.

Right click the download link and select save target as and save the file then open it

RAM might be low; save it first rather than opening it directly (assuming that's what you mean by "download a PDF")

Do you have the latest version of Acrobat. I'ts up to 7 plus....if you don't.... you should upgrade before looking for other causes.

You need to update your adobe reader (acrobat) and think about using firefox if you are not already.

Good Luck!