why do i have a skin tag?

so i read that skin tags normally occur in middle aged or obese or diabetic people but im 15 and im not over weight or diabetic. i only have one and its on my neck.

how did it form? and how much does it cost to get it removed at the dermotologist?

(skin tags are bumps (pimple-like) but skin colored)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually the dermotologist that I went to said that skin tags are caused by having too much sugar in your system. Your parents should have you on their health insurance and health insurance will pay for it. Ask your parents to see a dermotologist.

• 1 decade ago

Some people just get them. They are usually harmless, and honestly, the Dr. will charge you MUCH more than necessary, you can have your mom use some sterile scissors, and just cut it off, it MAY bleed a little, but it should stop soon! If you have insurance though, just go to the Dr. at your age, it should be VERY simple!

Good Luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dude, just cut it off with the scissors. Carefully of course, and stereliaze them with some alchohol. I did this to a HUGE on on my boyfriend and its like it was never there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Thats a good question. I have a couple and I am not fat or middle aged.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

u sure its not a case of folliculitis? that happens to ALOT of people

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.