what was first time or space?

just curious

Favorite Answer

Time can be a measure of how long it takes to get from one point in space to another. Assuming that there was no space or time before the Big Bang that created our universe, then at the instant of creation space first came into existence. As soon as there was any space at all the time to get from one point in it to another existed. So, the creation of space and time were simultaneous.

The cosmologists say that all of spacetime was created at the instant of the Big Bang, and it has been expanding ever since. I know this expansion applies to space, but not sure if it applies to time as well. It could be that time is also expanding, and I surely cannot think of a way in which time expansion could be measured, as all referents within spacetime would be similarly and simultaneously affected; you'd have to exit spacetime, and that is an impossibility.

Space.

Space came first, Then came man. Man invented time. If there were no living thinking beings in space like the few here on Earth there would be no one to measure time, it like that "if a tree falls in the forest" thing.

• Ian M

Time. In order for space to come into existence, theoretically it must have taken an instant to come into being. No matter how quickly space expanded after the Big Bang, it can't do it in zero time. Therefore, time must have existed before space.

Our perception of "time" is simply a method of keeping track of our own history. For all we know, time may not even exist. Space came first long before people were around to invent the concept of time.

Source(s): "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -Ford Prefect

Could time exist without space?

Time and space took birth with the big bang There was no time or space before big bang. I hope you know what big bang is.

I have to say time, merely because nothing can be BEFORE actual time. It would be like... turning twenty when you're ten. It's not possible.

My first time was when I was 15

It was with a guy that I had been dating for eight months.

We were at his moms house.

Im pretty sure she was in the other room lol.

It was on his been