Help Me Please?

Hi I have been using an ovulation Scope to monitor my ovulation I ovulated last week. I am coninuing to use the scope just to see what happens. If anyone is aware of the scope you know that it causes your saliva to look like ferns. Well I have been ferning every since i was done ovulating. Can an ovulation scope be a means of showing you are pregnant? Please help me!!!!

Favorite Answer

The saliva microscope uses the pattern saliva makes when estrogen is present in a high degree to detect ovulation. It's not fool proof for detecting though. At least temping would let you know where you are day wise in addition to the microscope, HOWEVER, estrogen levels drop fast after ovulation so if you are still ferning this far after ovulation you could be pregnant!

LOL I was going to say what heavenly said it's not 100% but yes high progesterone is sign of pregnancy. High levels of progesterone are also responsible for making your temperature high as well that's why you get the spike in temp. during ovulation and your temp says up when your preg. I'm 18 weeks and my temp is still high!

I'm pretty sure it's progesterone that triggers ovulation not estrogen though.

It doesn't, I had one before, I never seen the fern like pattern through out my monthly cycles, yet when I finally gave in on that stuff, I had a son.

i have no idea what one of those are. but i would reccomend just relaxing, you will find out soon enough if you are right? Good luck!