Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Can you answer a really weird dating question?

All right. For several months now I've been having dreams with this guy in them. But I can't remember what he looks like or anything about him when I wake up. I just remember his presence and the amazing peaceful feeling I have when he's there. I keep thinking about him and I think this is a guy I am supposed to meet. I stopped dating because no one else is anywhere close to this mystery dream guy.

Do you think this is normal? Do I have a mental illness or does this mean that this perfect guy is out there and I'll know when I meet him?

Favorite Answer

You are far from having a mental illness because you have a dream like this. Yes I think there will be a perfect guy for you out there and you won't have ANY doubt when you meet him. I knew my husband was "THE ONE" when I seen him driving down the road. I was right, this was 32 years ago.

Be patient, the one for you is out there and when the time is right and the person is right, you will know it.

To answer your first question, it's fairly normal to have dreams, especially about romantic themes. I've also spoken with many people and read of others who've had similar dreams of a 'perfect, mystery guy/girl'.

To answer the second and third, while you don't have a mental illness, the dream guy is more like a fanciful representation of what you currently desire in a man more than an actual person. Granted, there may be someone in existence that appears and acts just as your dream man does. Otherwise, there wouldn't be anything to base the idea of 'soul mates'. However, it's also likely that there's no man out there that both looks and acts like your dream guy.

First, you shouldn't stop dating just because of a dream. If you don't think you love someone, then, by all means, don't date him. You shouldn't giveup on someone just because he doesn't quite match a dream.

Secondly, since you can't remember what he looks like or really anything about him, besides the fact that you dreamed of him, how can you be certain he's even a guy you should be dating? Perhaps he's more like a father figure or a brother? Perhaps he's just a good friend? Don't start setting your reality around a fantasy...particularly one you're not certain of.

Thirdly, while I too have my own dreams of a mystery woman, she is only a dream, one that has changed, if subtlely so, since I first "met" her. Enjoy your dreams and cherish them, but do not mistake them for reality.

Finally, if you do meet him, ask him if he has a sister, >; )

Source(s): The ever lasting know-it-all, Yogurt!

I think it's very normal to have the kind of dream. But I would not stop dating just because of these dreams. And you do not have a mental illness. Sooner or lateer, the perfect guy for you will come and sweep you off your feet, or off your dreams, then hopefully you won't have those dreams. could the mystery guy be Conan O'Brien by any chance? I get a peaceful feeling when i watch his monologue.

A couple days ago i had a dream similar with the most warm comfortable feeling about a guy much like you have. But i think you should continue dateing. He may be the literal guy of your dreams but how else will you know if you don't look for him. Im not saying search miles on end, you will find him, just keep your options open. He will be thier when you least expect it.

No, It's not weird to dream and it's nice that you found a perfect person in your dream. But don't stop dating because of that, first of all nobody's perfect sadly, but i find when you love someone you tend to overlook the small imperfections.

Get out there start dating again and eventually you'll find your "perfect guy"

u haven't heard my dreams, i'm having these series of dreams for quite some time, i have a lover , we live in this remote town ,a house on beach,we have normal life like people do,he is a hot guy, we do silly, sweet things, it's like a TV drama,episode by episode, last night we swam naked, he cover me with a big tower,we even talk about having a baby, in real life, i have a steady boy friend, he dosen't believe my dreams, he said i am making it up, i don't mind if he tease me,i like the whole thing, i suspect it's connected to my previous life or my after life, there are things we can't explain ,u are not mental, enjoy this moment, u would get your answer sometime in future, join the club!

Source(s): my present experience

remember you have to keep on living. Dreams are great, but they are not as literal as you are taking them. It could mean something completely different from what you expereince in your dream. It may mean you need comfort in your life, or that someone has been there for you through a difficult time in your life. It may also give you guidence as you are dating, find someone who you can count on, and who will comfort you. Also if you stop dating how are you going to find "him" anyway???

wow !!! i have the same thing!!! i can never see his face but feel like im in a zen like state in my dreams and when i wake up!! i thought i was 1 in a million! glad to know im not!! thnx

Could it by any chance be Davey Havok? BTW he just won sexiest male vegetarian alive...

http://www.peta2.com/outthere/o-sexyveg07-winners....

No, that's great. Just don't dwell on dreams and forget to live. Lucky you!