Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Im in college and it is so hard to manage my weight...any tips! Be nice, please.?

I am in my junior year at a University. I work and go to school full time, so it is next to impossible to make my own meals...I want to stay healthy but I have gained quite a bit of weight these last three years, any suggestions? I try to pick healthy things but it doesn't seem to be working. I miss my thinner me!

fyi I'm 21, and I'm like 160 but only 5'5 so im not like huge, just bigger than I want to be, also my schedule is crammed so no time for gym trips:(

Favorite Answer

You didn't state your age and maybe you're having a metabolism shift as well. You are carrying a lot of burdon with full time school AND work. I'd bet you are probably having some fatigue as well. So, there isn't time to hit the club but instead of concentrating on what you eat entirely, try spending some of those calories by walking when you can, and some excercise which will up your energy level. I road my bike for awhile, like 6 months whenever I could fit it in and it was amazing the amount of energy I actually gained. Coupled with that, I lost some weight and gained in toned legs and abs. Probably good to stay away from the high carb food and here's a really good way to help, instead of eating a couple of meals a day cause you are busy, eat all throughout the day. like 6 times a day. Really, just healthy snack stuff that keeps you from getting the munchies. lastly, being a single guy, I just don't enjoy cooking like I did when I was married. It's boring and kinda depressing making dinners alone. So instead, I make something once a week like a good cassorole or other main dish that I can put into tupperware and eat during the week. Chili is another good one. But one last thing, and this is the nice part so pay attention:) You are probably much tougher on your self image and truth be told, most men prefer a woman who has some curves and is soft to the touch. I just mean that PLEASE, don't fall into the anorexic look of models and Paris Hilton. It's not that attractive and definetely not that healthy. What is the saying, the camera adds 10 lbs and the self image dumps another 10 on top of that.

I'd bet you are much more pleasing to the eye then you give yourself credit for.

Junior in college= 21 years old... less alcohol and burrito runs when you are drunk should help a bunch b/c those are simply extra. also try to pack a lunch from home such as PB and J on wheat bread with some fruit and yogurt. Also skip on sodas and smoothies. Also get involved in IM sports if you dont like going to the gym.

Source(s): also a junior in college

If you have to eat away from home; go for salads. BUT! Buy your own bottle of low fat dressing, that you can put on them. Stay away from more typical fast food. Burgers, fries, chicken nuggets, and the biggest diet killer of them all... Sugary SOFT DRINKS! Also, If you feel the need to partake in college festivities, that will involve alcoholic beverages; drink light beer, or mix with diet soda.

Oh yeah!!!!

Don't forget to find time to exercise! Even if it's just purposely parking a little further away from the building that you are going to!

• Laura

I totally understand the busy schedule. I think stress sometimes causes us to gain weight. But, drink water, eat lots of fruits and veggies. If you can find the time try to excerise for at least 30 min or so. Maybe excerise at home during study breaks.

to be honest the best way is not to go on a diet as ive tried them all and diet pills and they dont work lol but just change your diet and go swimming 4-5 times a week for about an hour each time it tones your tummy and all your body up wonderful too ! i lost 2 1/2 stone since may its great and i eat loads too im just eating the right foods but instead of swimming try aqua arobics its great and really fun ! great question goodluck !

You should drink lots of water for example if you weight 200 pounds you should drink around 11 glasses of water (eight ounces each) N go for the healthy food

increase your fiber intake and water intake. the fiber will keep you feeling full and get the junk out of your system more quickly and the water will also aid in keeping you feeling more full. Also, buy whatever you can at the grocery store bc/ it's less expensive and always less fattening than eating out.

Don't eat after 6 pm (your metabolism shuts down) and take a nice walk after you eat. It will make all the difference.

execise. break up your food in 4 to 5 meal per day. skip junk food. skip sweet drink (coke, etc). sleep well.

these are the main contribution to good health and slim body.

once a day drink 1 glass of warm water with a lime juice in it