did jason richardson get traded to the bobcats?

i read on the warriors website something but i was slightly confused. please clear this for me.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the golden state warriors traded jason richardson and the 36th pick, jermareo davidson for the charlotte bobcats brandon wright

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, jordan is a bonehead GM!

The Golden State Warriors traded veteran guard Jason Richardson to the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday night for the rights to North Carolina forward Brandan Wright, the eighth overall pick.

Charlotte also got the rights to Alabama forward Jermareo Davidson, Golden State's choice with the 36th selection.

Source(s): ESPN
  • 4 years ago

This was a horrible trade for the Bobcats. They took on a massive contract and basically assured themselves of losing Gerald Wallace to free agency. Plus, Morrison and Sean May haven't played well at all in the NBA which leaves this team as Raymond Felton, Emeka Okafor, and spare parts. Adding Brandan Wright to that frontline would have been a good move, but this is just a plan stupid trade. It doesn't make them any better. On the other hand, good trade for the Warriors. They are now able to play Monta Ellis and Baron Davis at the same time and they add some much needed depth up front. Chris Mullin did a great job of making a trade without compromising the rest of his roster.

• 1 decade ago

Pending League approval, Jason Richardson has been traded to the Bobcats. The reason it's pending is they have 2 pm Eastern time zone to announce trades before NBA draft. Apparently, it's a league rule. Might be a good trade for both teams though. You never know for a few years anyway on these kinds of trades.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Jason Richardson to bobcats for Brandan Wright but I think the Golden State through in something else too =)

• what?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

sadly for warrior fans, yes. jrich, out heart and face of the franchise was traded to charlotte along with jermareo davidson (#36) for brandan wright. bobcats got back a great baller and an even greater person. cats fans will love jrich, i can guarantee that.

• 1 decade ago

yes he was trade to the bobcats for wright

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

unfortunately yes...mullan made a good trade bringing in al Harrington and Steven jackson then he messes things up by trading richardson....i knew for evey good thing mullan does he always finds a way to mess it up....THE WARRIORS JUST TOOK A HUGE STEP BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes he is traded to bobcats for julian wright.

• Cliff
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

yes, the warriors traded jrich and the rights to one of their second round picks, jermareo davidson, for brandon wright... we'll miss you, jrich! thanks for the memories.

hooray warriors!... and hooray for me. i'm now level 2!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.