How do you make your fuse work again after blewing up ?

I have a fuse that blew up in my house. At the fuse switchboard, although I move it to off and on, it does not go back fully to on and therefore I do not get light...

Favorite Answer

if you turned it fully off and then it will not reset ...whatever caused it to trip in the first place is still causing it not to reset....you will need to search for the reason it tripped in the first place...once you find this it should reset....if it will not reset remove the wire from the breaker and see if it will reset then ...if it will then you still havent found what tripped it....if it will not reset ..then breaker went bad...

Source(s): 40 years licensed master electrician

You need to put a new fuse in. However, make sure you have the right kind of fuse power for the right fuse plug. Ask in the electrical store like Kearsly or Home Depot.

• Dave

USA I agree with Bug Man - it appears to be a circuit breaker, not a fuse. You must turn it all the way off, then back to on.

You have to find out why it went off in the first place. What did you plug in or turn on before he power went out? Unplug / remove it and try to reset the breaker. If it resets and your lights go on then I would think that whatever you plugged in caused an overload in that circuit

If the breaker won't reset then the reason the breaker tripped in the first place is still there. Find out what tripped your breaker to begin with.

Miketyson26

You're talking about a circuit breaker. Many have to be pushed all the way to OFF before they can be reset to ON.

Source(s): Experience

Fuses have to be replaced after they blow. They can only be used once.

You need to contact a licensed electrical contractor to take a look. Don't mess around when it comes to electricity.

For a list of pre-screened reputable contractors in your area, visit http://www.businessbusinesscontractors.com/Residen...

For all of your home and business contracting needs, visit http://www.businessbusinesscontractors.com