How do I upgrade from a 1.50 to a 3.50 psp after having downgraded with the lumines game?

Sorry, I've looked at many of these topics and I can't understand this.

I downgraded my PSP from 3.50 with Lumines to 1.50, but my question is: Can I go back to the 3.50 firmware and just pretend I never downgraded? Or will the PSP always stay on the 1.50 firmware?

I understand that I can use one of the custom firmwares, but what if they stop making the custom firmwares or can't make them anymore? What if I were to update with the latest official firmware from the 1.50 version the regular way? What would happen?

Also: With the custom firmwares, will I be able to switch back and forth from the 1.50 to 3.50? Thanks.

Thanks guys, but can someone completely confirm that I can download the official 3.50 firmware update and install it on the psp and have it be back to 3.50 without bricking or hurting the system? Thank you.

Favorite Answer

No. Systems downgraded to 1.5 cannot update to Sony's 3.5 firmware anymore. (Sony blocked it)But why would you want to do it when you can upgrade from 1.5 to 3.4 OE-A which has the functionality of the 3.5 plus homebrew capabilities?

I'm sure custom firmware will never be far behind from Sony's, so you don't need to worry. But if you really made your mind about switching, just wait until they figure a way around Sony's block, shouldn't be long

use a custom firmware, you can switch from 1.5 to up to 3.30 if you get the latest one (proven safe)

you can also play downloaded games and homebrew games

you can go back to the version you had before but do you really want to pay 50$ a game? (even thought its stealing not to)

umm, with 3.40 OE-A you can...

but you have to download a seperate folder in order to do so...

and i think after you go back to 1.50, you cant go back to 3.40 OE-A without re-installing it....