Someone who always says "yes?"?

They'll start saying "yeah" before you even finish talking. It's obvious when they're pretending to understand because you don't even finish a point or a sentence and just say "yeah" etc etc. They could even care about the topic, they just feel like they wanna agree with you. No matter what you say they can say "yeah." It's not when they don't like you. They do this to everyone, and it actually happens more when you're closer to them.

What does it mean? And most of all how do you try to change the person?

Update:

Nah it's not distracted. Yeah it is just trying to stay interested, but sometimes people go overboard, like saying it before you even finish. I'm talking about close relatives.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

take a way distractions. Sit and talk were its impossible for them 2 get side tracked. Ask a question and when the answer is"vague" start explaining U feel they R not listening..if they dont hear that well then maybe they arent interested AT ALL & U should find some one that can pay attention. u deserve it... lifeis not a dress rehearsal

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've found most often the person is simply trying to relate to you. When they don't have a concept of what is being discussed yeah is a socially acceptable way of staying in the conversation, showing you that they are paying attention, and/or hiding the fact they have no idea what's going on

• 1 decade ago

what makes you think you need to change people. if you feel that you need to change this person to relate to them stop hanging out with them. they probably are sick of listening to you talk and are just moving your big mouth along. they cant not like you they must not dissagre with you thats not it they definately care about what your saying so thats not it wait I got it YOURE FULL OF YOURSELF!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.