brandon asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

how do you make cookie dough without using eggs so you can eat it raw?

Favorite Answer

You can eat raw eggs. Unless you're vegan or have an incredibly weak immune system, you will most likely not get ill (there is a chance of salmonella, but I eat raw eggs all the time and I don't get sick).

Shortbread cookies don't have eggs in them, they're made of butter/margarine, sugar, and flour.

You can replace eggs in baking with apple sauce, but it might not taste good raw.

You can leave out the eggs and make it like you normally would, but maybe reduce the flour by 1/3 a cup. Personally, we just eat it with the eggs and bake some too. Been doing it for 35 years and I have not gotten sick yet.

Use an egg subsitute, but i still eat the cookie dough even if i add eggs to it.

Make your cookie dough using egg beaters. Egg beaters are pasteurized – therefore it is safe to eat the cookie dough!

If you are not going to be baking it, then just leave the eggs out. There is no reason to have them in there if you just want to eat the dough. Just remember to keep the dough in the fridge if you don't eat it all in one sitting.

I ate cookie dough with and without the egg in it and is still here. I did that twice this week

The chances of getting salmonella poisoning from raw eggs is very slim.

You can use Ener-G egg replacer, it comes in powder form and does the same thing as eggs in a recipe. Directions on the box!

If you use Eggland eggs you could eat it raw, they do something to the eggs which enables you to do things like that.

you can eat raw eggs