how would u feel?

if your mother in law wore black to your wedding on a sunny spring day?

the way I look at it black is a sign of you are in mourning

Favorite Answer

That she was passive aggressive and against the wedding for about a split second. Then I would start thinking about how much I loved her son regardless of how she felt about me and enjoy the rest of my life with him.

• Lydia

Well that would just feel sad. However I know from being here on Answers that some people feel that wearing black to a wedding is perfectly fine... - I disagree; I think weddings should be full of happy colours.

Black is considered okay for a wedding these days. I'm wearing black to a wedding next week. Who cares? Did she say or do anything to ruin your day? If not, move on. It's not a big deal.

Black is a classic, you can never go wrong with it. Also, black is only a mourning colour in our culture, but in others it's white, so don't let it get to you, just think "well at least her outfit will look stylish in my wedding pictures, even 40 years down the line"

• Kris L

Black is a perfectly acceptable color at a weddin, even on a sunny spring day. I'd just be glad my new mother-in-law was at the wedding, and not outside picketing it or trying to have me committed, or dead. You need to 'get a grip' ... you are now RELATED to this woman and your 'bad feelings' because she wore black on your 'wearing white' day ticked you off. SO WHAT? You'll get over it much more quickly if you can 'thank her' with a big hug for being there for you, and just 'forget' about her black attire.

What were your wedding colors? Ignore her, what you start out with is what you end up with. You have the husband now. I would ask her, in front of your husband in a nice polite way. Say, "what made you where black to my wedding, although you did look cute, I have never seen anyone do that, tell me what does that mean"

Maybe she was jut dumb and did not realize what she did!?! If you get along it is not a bad thing, If you don't get a long and she did not wnat you two married then it might have been a bad messege. But, even so, if it was a bad messege, then ignore it, the best revenge to any situation is to live well and not let them have any influence on your happy life! That way , they know they have no power over you. Forget it, move on, concentrate on good things!

Well...that is a tricky question. How is your relationship with her and how close are her and her son?

My wedding colors are white and black but even my mother and mother-in-law are not wearing black.

I am sorry honey...I would feel really bad too. But look on the bright side, its better then her wearing white!

I would take her style and current favorite colors to wear into consideration. BUT, at a emotional time like right before the wedding I do understand that it could make you wonder if she is trying to say something with her clothes.

• ?

Probably like I felt when after six months of marriage we visited my mother-in-law in a different state and she put my husband and I in different rooms to sleep! (We fooled her though, he he he!)

Don't let her get to you. As long as your husband understands the 'leave and cleave' thing you should be fine. If he is a momma's boy you might have problems.

Good Luck!

Black is considered slimming, classy and always in style...maybe she wouldn't have felt comfortable in something else...People wear black to weddings all of the time.