Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 1 decade ago

What happens on April 20th?

anything?on myspace theres a question on a bulletin that says,do u celebrate 4/20??what is it?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

420 is a slang term the cannabis (marijuana) counter-culture uses to refer to cannabis. April 20th, or 4/20, is a day that people in the cannabis counter-culture smoke cannabis in celebration of the holiday that "stoners" deem as that day. The root of the 420 culture actually is said to have started because of the time 4:20. I can't tell you the story but there is one. If you really wanna know.. . ask the question.=)

• raab
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

What Happened On April 20

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/KTcOL

You forgot Civil War started April 12th Fort Pillow Massacre April 12th Amritsar Massacre April 13th Oxygen Tanks on Apollo 13 Explodes April 13th Lincoln Died on April 15th Titanic sank on April 15th LSD was created April 16th Benjamen Franklin Died April 17th Bay of Pigs Invasion April 17th The Great San Francisco Earth Quake April 18th US Embassy in Beirut was bombed April 18th Branch Dravidian's burned in Waco April 19th Columbine Shootings April 20th Chernobyl Disaster April 26th And that's just what I can think of, every thing happens in April

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What happens on April 20th?

anything?on myspace theres a question on a bulletin that says,do u celebrate 4/20??what is it?

Source(s): april 20th: https://tr.im/BvR0m
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

On April 20th....let's see Columbine happened, it was Hitler's birthday, and it's when people go and do drugs-besides all the other days...... It's probably about the drugs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's a day when people smoke pot at 4:20.

It's also the day of my birthday. No connection.

• 1 decade ago

Lot's of people smoke pot. There are a lot of other significant anniversaries on 4/20, but that is the most popular one.

• 1 decade ago

My boyfriend's birthday...but not everyone celebrates that. So I'd listen to what the other people are saying.

• Joy M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

420 is a number associated with drug culture, especially marijuana, though the origins of this are unclear.

• 1 decade ago

it is also earthday, but yeah the hippies like to smoke out on that day too, just like every other day.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.