97 GMC Sonoma 4.3 will not start on rainy days and hesitates on foggy ones untill it heats up eng?

i have checked the wires, distributer cap, rotor, EGR vave, Crank shaft position sensor, elctrical connectors, fuel pump and i still have no clue any ideas? the only thing i can come up with is water in an electrical component but which one. it will not start on rainy days but dry it will.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

hello, i know you checked your distributer cap but from past experience in this problem it is most likely moisture getting in to your distributer cap try replacing the cap this i think will solve your problem. ps. you do have a hood on the vehicle right? ha ha.

• 1 decade ago

HA! Take a look at the firewall connector,the water runs right over the top of it when it rains,pull it apart and use a dielectric grease on the contacts put it back together,and install a piece of plastic or rubber over top to shield it from the water,Chev vans had the same problem it took real mechanics to figure it out not Chev engineers.

• 1 decade ago

I would try a spray with a high dialectic strength This means the high tension voltage wont break through over all under body electrics.

Wynn's Viscotene would do the job it is good for about 50,000 volts

• 1 decade ago

mine did the same mine is 2000 gmc sonoma 2.2L flex fuel

and i changed the fuel pump ($300.00) and it works good now

now i just gotta do a tune up and oil change DAMN!

well yeah

sonomas Rule

Source(s): yeah have one i guess lol =]
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.