Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Since Yahoo! Answers allows askers to pick a best answer, how about an optional worst answer???

When you opt to choose a worst answer, that answerer will be deducted 10 points. Kind of sheisty, but interesting and I think it will help to promote more serious answers. What do ya'll think?

Favorite Answer

I think it's a good idea, but it will never be implemented by Yahoo because... it makes sense to do what you said.

• Harry

I can see flaws with this plan. Especially in the religion areas. Oh.. you will not be surprised at how many gung ho people there will be abusing this option. Oh man... if this option were in the hands or extremist people who are in religion and athiests... let's just say Religion would be upgraded to WW3.

It's a nice idea but define bad answer in a universal term, and think about how you will affect others. I mean with racist people, yes this will work but what about politics. If you enforce this plan, what if someone does not believe George bush is a hero and gets banned for saying that. This is more like thought police and big brother.

now you dont want to hurt peoples feelings do you i put a lot into my answers and i would be hurt if someone picked me as worst answer

• exo

That Idea is to shame people. It will not promote serious answers. Stupidity remains stupid.

• metoo

Oh wow..that is really gonna hurt me..I'll have to start like thinking and stuff...could we have a "least serious" vote, maybe give me one point..

I think its a great idea, people can be really stupid at times.